Tournaments this week

MARIA/HALEP: 1st Round

All Tennis, All the Time
djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Aug Tue 29, 2017 7:13 am

#ed_op#p#ed_cl#
Kunalwalia wrote:You think she's doping now ?
#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#IDK, but she came out of that bathroom break refreshed and swinging for the rafters.  And of course the USO homepage has seven (7) stories and pics about her#ed_op#em#ed_cl# epic#ed_op#/em#ed_cl# win!!  Sickening!!#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Aug Tue 29, 2017 7:18 am

#ed_op#p#ed_cl#
Pyotr wrote:@Kunalwalia#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Just deep hatred for a myriad of malicious reasons. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#How ironic, if Pam Shriver is correct, Maria could help Venus become #1 by defeating#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Halep, granted Venus win the title(and some other scenarios play out in Venus' favor).
#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#So what are you trying to say, all WS fans hate Maria for malicious reasons??  Remember, those are your thoughts, not ours!!  No mirror here!!
#ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Aug Tue 29, 2017 7:21 am

BTW, you are the one hearing Venus' footsteps. Take an inventory of your own "malicious" thoughts!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re:MARIA/HALEP: 1st Round

Post by djmm1962 » Aug Tue 29, 2017 7:28 am

#ed_op#p#ed_cl#
Skilletsauce wrote:I think folks have hatred for Maria, aside from the doping, because #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#she's just not a nice person. She's not very friendly to the other wta players and just about every player in the locker room has said so#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#. Now you add trying to gain an unfair advantage to that along with her sense of entitlement and you can see why there is this feeling about her. Except to her devoted fans of course who would still love her even if she were to walk down 5th Ave and shoot someone.
#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#Correct!!  Venus & Serena were aloof, but Pova is just private!!  MaryJo said it again last night!!#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#I wouldn't be surprised if Putin's Boy invited her to the White House (maybe she's better suited for Mar-a-Lago though).#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#The night celebrating Arthur Ashe Stadium's 20th Anniversary, and Venus' 1997 Finals run, and they put the Russian doper on primetime.  SMH!!#ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Aug Tue 29, 2017 7:31 am

#ed_op#p#ed_cl#
Kunalwalia wrote:I'm not her biggest fan but what I don't like is if serena was in her place, almost everyone will react dufferently
#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#And how is that, Kunal??#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#
I think Serena would've gotten the max 4 years, plus titles stripped!!#ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Aug Tue 29, 2017 7:34 am

#ed_op#p#ed_cl#
Kunalwalia wrote:I agree.... she's a bit rusty for now, but I won't be surprised if she takes the slam.
#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#Lastly, her left arm is hurting again!!
#ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Tue 29, 2017 8:22 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>djmm1962</b>:</font>
 And sent to prison like Marion Jones. The results would've been like night and day.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Tue 29, 2017 9:33 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>djmm1962</b>:</font>

From The BBC:

"...The same fierce hitting seemed like carrying Sharapova all the way at 4-1 up in the second, but Halep recovered with five straight games to level.

With the error-count growing, it appeared Sharapova was running out of gas, but after a six-minute bathroom break she returned rejuvenated for the decider.

Once again she raced ahead, building another 4-1 lead, and this time she would not be pegged back..."

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Tue 29, 2017 10:04 am

Q. You obviously had the momentum at the end of the second set. Before the third, she left the court.

SIMONA HALEP: Like always.

Q. Did that throw you off at all?

SIMONA HALEP: I'm used. When I play against her, she does that all the time. So I didn't think about that. It's her style and I don't comment.

Kunalwalia
Senior
Senior

Post by Kunalwalia » Aug Tue 29, 2017 12:21 pm

I didn't get that. Please elaborate
If you want to protect your feet from hurt - wear slippers instead of trying to carpet the earth....