Tournaments this week

USO....Day Five......Friday

All Tennis, All the Time
rex
Commish
Commish
USO....Day Five......Friday

Post by rex » Aug Thu 31, 2017 7:28 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Better slate on Ashe, than Thursday:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#lst up....#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Petra K. v Garcia,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Shapovalov v Edmund, followed by#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Venus v Sakkari#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Prime time:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Isner v Alex's brother, Mischev#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Pova v Kenin#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#However, Pova's match shouldn't be on Ashe, and should have been replaced with Sloane's match with Ashleigh Barty. Better competition....#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Other good matches on the docket of note:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Garbine v Ribby, which also should have been considered for Ashe, than Pova's#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Sevastova v Vekic#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Querrey v Albot#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Makarova v Suarez#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Pouille v Kukushkin#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Personal interest....dubs#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Schi/Osaka v Boserup/Gibbs, which conflicts with Petra K's match to my dismay#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Q.Wang/ Yafan Wang v Sloane and Taylor.....will watch this match....#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#a href="http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/sche ... p#br#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:USO....Day Five......Friday

Post by rex » Sep Fri 01, 2017 10:36 am

Packed court for the dubs match featuring Osaka/Schi' v Boserup/Gibbs. Good to see....

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Fri 01, 2017 10:38 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

Not surprised. Tons of people are taking the day off today for a 4 day holiday weekend.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Fri 01, 2017 10:47 am

Kvitova is 100% now?

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Fri 01, 2017 12:02 pm

I have to watch Petra's match tonight... She was awesome in her previous match.. And today, it looks like she was in destruction mode.. Wow.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Sep Fri 01, 2017 12:06 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Not all doubles matches were well attended, specifically the Barthel and the Falconi matches had sparse crowds, including the current match featuring Gavrilova and Kasatkina, while the Schi/Osaka, Konjuh/Haddad Maia, and the Bouchard/Ostapenko matches had packed courts. Btw, members of the Class of '97 (Osaka, Konjuh and Ostapenko) all lost their respective dubs' matches today.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Petra K. dismissed Caroline Garcia, 6-0 6-4. CG was bad in the lst set while eating a bagel, stepped it up much better in the 2nd, but didn't have enough to overcome Petra, losing an important service game at 3-all, then Petra finished in nice fashion with an Ace. Petra gets the winner of Ribby and Garbine next.&nbsp; #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Fri 01, 2017 1:07 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

Is this an illusion, but does Kvitova not watch the ball until she strikes it as we've been taught to do?

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2017/09/ ... o-1/69010/

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Fri 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Somebody needs to focus on her tennis comeback and stop plotting a coup inside somebody else's pants.
Ben Rothenberg &#10004; @BenRothenberg
18-year-old Canadian Denis Shapovalov is up 6-4, 5-3 on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, which delights his high-key superfan Sloane Stephens: #usopen
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Sep Fri 01, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Fri 01, 2017 2:55 pm

"I feel much better and closer to my top level. I played really great today."

-@Petra_Kvitova

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Sep Fri 01, 2017 8:03 pm

I guess it's "Show Off The Russian's Night"!!

RUSSIA HAS BOUGHT THE USO AND THE USA!!