Ostapenko at 14

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ostapenko at 14

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sat 12, 2017 12:08 pm

#ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold"#ed_cl#Aljona was 14 when this interview took place. #ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#a href="http://sportacentrs.com/teniss/latvijas ... d_cl#A?ona Ostapenko: "Gribu b?t Top 3 pasaul?! Maz?k mani neapmierin?s" ? Latvijas sportisti ? Teniss ? Sportacentrs.com#ed_op#/a#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold"#ed_cl#Who were your childhood (tennis)idols?#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I liked how Justine Henin played, also Kim Clijsters. Right now I really like Viktoria Azarenka. But not Sharapova. I don't like how she looks, how she plays. Her technique also isn't good. Not like Vika`s. I like everything about her.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold"#ed_cl#How about our(Latvian) players? #ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I like Gulbis. But overall I'am not a big fan of him. I don't like that he doesn't work hard enough in practices, and is lazy. But he has a huge talent, that's why he still can play on the highest level.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold"#ed_cl#What about Sevastova?#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#No, I don't like how she plays. Nastja relays too much on defense. She isn't a bad player, I just don't like hers style. I don't want to play like we do in Latvia. I like offensive tennis. Defensive tennis isn't a real tennis for me.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold"#ed_cl#At the moment the words number one player is Caroline Wozniacki, who plays defensive tennis, and reached the highest level playing it.#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Yes she is number one, but no one really thinks she is the best, other than she himself! No one likes her! Or, perhaps, some people like her, but those are the same players who are playing similar boring tennis! Tennis where you wait for you opponents errors isn't real tennis. You need to win points for yourself, and not just expect presents from your opponent. I would choose not to play tennis at all, rather then playing it like they do. I think the number one should be Azarenka, but she has mental issues, can't find stability. One match she is playing great, other one she is terrible.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold"#ed_cl#Do you watch tennis a lot on TV?#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Yeah! I really like watching matches, both womens and mens. My favorite is Del Potro. I also like Federer and Nadal. But I really dislike Djokovic. He is always acting out. Doesn't work hard, just likes to show off. "Iam the best!!" etc..#ed_op#/span#ed_cl#o show off. "Iam the best!!" etc..
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Sat 12, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Re:Ostapenko at 14

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Aug Sat 12, 2017 2:44 pm

She also doesn't like Sharapova and thinks pre-2000s tennis was amateur tennis. Where's that WTA PR training? Can't fault her honesty but somethings should just be said off the record.