Tournaments this week

Vika in Custody Battle with Ex

All Tennis, All the Time
rex
Commish
Commish
Vika in Custody Battle with Ex

Post by rex » Aug Thu 10, 2017 11:45 am

Vika is engaged in a custody battle for her son, Leo, with her ex-boyfriend. She's hired an attorney out of Israel to represent her.

https://translate.google.co.il/translat ... t=&act=url
Last edited by rex on Aug Thu 10, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Thu 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Inevitable.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Thu 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Redfoo loved Vika. She was 'his' girl. He cried when she was trying to leave him. He is the one that should have had a child with her. He would be all over both of them with love and kindness.
This guys was an 'one-night-stand' that went too long. He had no plan beyond partying with her and attending a few tennis matches here and there. She was footing the bill.
Sad she got pregnant by him and not the man that treated her like gold. She must be regretting leaving Redfoo.

What man wants custody of a few months old baby with a rich mother if it's not that Vika is paying for the drink and the rent?
Very sad situation. Vika should quit tennis for an unspecified length: 2 years, 3 years, it doesn't matter. She needs to take time off to get everything in order. She's sill young. Tennis can wait.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Fri 11, 2017 11:46 am

This will test the women's views on equality.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Re:Vika in Custody Battle with Ex

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Aug Fri 11, 2017 1:27 pm

IMO primary custody should always remain with the mother, unless she is an unfit mother.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Fri 11, 2017 1:34 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>93tennisroyalty</b>:</font>

So the father presumptively unfit?

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Aug Fri 11, 2017 5:12 pm

No. Joint custody/co parenting should be option no. 1, then sole custody to mom as option no. 2, and lastly sole custody to dad if mom is unfit. I'll always think women make better childcare providers, and as long as they are the ones carrying and birthing children, I think they should have most of the say and primary guardianship.

I haven't read what this situation is about so I don't have all the context, but since the kid seems like a love child (Not the product of a long term relationship or marriage), I think the ruling should be in favor of mom. That's my opinion. Who wants to take a kid from a mom especially if she isn't a bad mom?
Last edited by 93tennisroyalty on Aug Fri 11, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Fri 11, 2017 6:51 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>93tennisroyalty</b>:</font>

Joint custody would wreak havoc on her career.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Thu 17, 2017 10:04 am

My incredible fans and friends, who have supported me throughout my career deserve to know why I may not be able to compete at the U.S Open this year.

The day my son Leo was born, back in December of last year, was by far the happiest day of my life. I now have a brand new appreciation for how new mothers - and fathers – juggle the many different responsibilities for their families. However, like most working mothers, despite my unconditional love for my son, I am faced with a difficult situation which may not allow me to return to work right away.

In Belarus back in March, with my family in tow, I started working toward the goal of returning to the tennis tour and competing at a high level by July 31st. I was able to return early, playing in Mallorca mid-June followed by Wimbledon.

Shortly after Wimbledon, Leo’s father and I separated and as we work to resolve some of the legal processes, the way things stand now is that the only way I can play in the US Open this year is if I leave Leo behind in California, which I’m not willing to do.

Balancing child care and a career is not easy for any parent, but it is a challenge I am willing to face and embrace. I want to support men and women everywhere who know it is ok to be a working mother - or father. No one should ever have to decide between a child and their career, we are strong enough to do both.

I am incredibly grateful for all of the support I have received from women and men around the world who recognize the importance of supporting working moms and our right to be with our children. I look forward to hopefully having positive developments soon so that this difficult situation can be resolved and I can get back to competing. No parent should have to decide between their child or their career.

I remain optimistic that in the coming days Leo’s father and I can put aside any differences and take steps in the right direction to more effectively work as a team and agree on an arrangement for all three of us to travel and for me to compete but, more importantly to ensure that Leo has a consistent presence from both of his parents.

The two-time Grand Slam champion pulled out of this week's tournament in Cincinnati, citing personal reasons, and she was expected to make a statement on Wednesday. Since returning to the tour in Mallorca in June, the former world No. 1 is 4-2, though she hasn't played since Wimbledon, where she reached the fourth round.

Currently ranked No. 204, the 28-year-old reached the U.S. Open final in 2012 and 2013.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2017/08/ ... nis/68584/
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Aug Thu 17, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Aug Thu 17, 2017 10:26 am

I wonder how they're going to come to an agreement, unless the dad gives up his case. Vika is a pro-tennis player, who travels the world nearly every week during the season. If she won't travel without Leo, then how's it going to work? Except for the off season, 1-2 weeks post grand slams, and post sunshine double, how much time is there that she can spend at home?

Speaking of kids, Serena must be due real soon right?
Last edited by 93tennisroyalty on Aug Thu 17, 2017 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.