(6)Vandeweghe v Tomljanovic
Gibbs v (wc)Liu
Riske v Linette
(4)Pavlyuchenkova v BYE

(8)Bellis v Cornet
Q v Ahn
Schiavone v Bondarenko
(2/wc)Kvitova v BYE
Last edited by rex on Jul Fri 28, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Fri 28, 2017 9:01 pm

I never understand those BYEs... There are so many girls out there that want to play.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Stanford Qualie and Main Draws......

Post by rex » Jul Fri 28, 2017 10:10 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#I don't understand how Keys and Osaka are so magnetic.....

#ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Word_Negative/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sat 29, 2017 7:47 am

Tried to watch Brady vs Kenin match last night.. so boring I turned it off.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Both players standing 10 miles behind the baseline hitting at each other like they were practicing their long shots... Neither of them ventured inside the court and they were not even hitting winners from behind the baseline. I felt sorry for the spectators.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Sharapova should finish off Brady 6-2 6-1.Both brady and Kenin play the same boring game, like identical twins. Nothing special to see.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Sat 29, 2017 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Sat 29, 2017 3:26 pm

The "statuesque" Asia Muhammad wins the lst set v Higuchi, 6-3, playing the type of tennis that I wish Naomi Osaka would play. Matter-of-fact, since Naomi is playing here she should be watching this match and taking notes on how to play all-court tennis...... :)

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Sat 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Asia moves on after a 2nd set, 6-0 score. No contest versus the diminutive Higuchi, who must be all of 4'5 in height.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sat 29, 2017 4:52 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# I looked on 'Putin' earlier and couldn't find Qualies. Where are you watching it?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Sat 29, 2017 5:05 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Stanford U. stream..... catching some practices, as well....#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#a href="http://www.streamingtennis.com/Cardinal ... p#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sat 29, 2017 5:22 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# thanks ... #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Come on Stanford students, fix the feed... It's s really messed up. :(#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Sat 29, 2017 5:41 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#IMG owns the event now, not Stanford U. In addition, what's wrong with the feed? I find it clear and top-notch (no buffering like yesterday), save for the lack of graphics. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I've watched Stanford for the past few years via such, save for last year when, unknown to me, IMG bought the event, killed the streams for the maindraw and gave broadcast rights to ESPN, who is broadcasting this year's event, as well. It's how I discovered the practice routine of Osaka to my dismay and have wanted to see how Petra K. practices and now get my chance since she's playing Stanford this year. However, I've yet to see Petra  thus far. But, maybe she'll show this evening or tomorrow morning, for Pova' practiced late last night and early this morning and only watched such for a couple of minutes. Other players I've seen practice for a bit were Doi and Ana K., who is or was on Ct. 4 at the moment with her coach. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#