Tournaments this week

Day 4....Wimby

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Thu 06, 2017 1:06 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>
what? I was away for a while.. what did Graveller say? Is it about kerber?

Oh Mattek.. the girl was going to win Wimbledon Doubles to make it a Mattek-Safarova slam, 4 slams in a row. :(
Stop playing tennis on grass with tennis shoes. Girls should start wearing soccer shoes. 
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Thu 06, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 06, 2017 1:09 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Ostapenko

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Thu 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Ostapenko will be lucky to beat Giorgi.
Her game here is horrible.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Thu 06, 2017 2:14 pm

F A N T A S T I C match between Flipkens and Kerber ; Flipkens at her best on her favorite surface but Kerber wins.. and deserves it... if you can play like this, you can win this event.

That last game: if you doubt Kerbers' chances in this event, watch it. Actually, watch the whole second set. Flipkens was just the kind of opponent she needed.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Thu 06, 2017 2:19 pm

lol... all the slices and drop shots don't beat kerber. she just runs and pushes them back in play.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Thu 06, 2017 2:27 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;look at the comments on other places ; people agree with me :-)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I try not to make too many bold predictions, but tempted to make on on Kerber.... Let me say that seeing Kerber on court in 9 days on a saturday would not surprise me. Look at who is left in the top section.... Muguruza and Kuzzy the only other slam winners... no Safarova, no Pliskova... even Mladenovic is out (and Kasatkina)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 06, 2017 2:39 pm

Kerber: Coping with slice2 0:19

Angelique Kerber reflects on a job well done, in the end: "I think it was a really good match from both of us. It was a little bit up and down but it's nice to get through. It's really difficult to play someone like this, who plays the slice so well. The serve was important in the last game and I was trying to play good tennis again."

Kerber wins! 20:08

She's got the job done now, winning the last two games of the second set to complete a 7-5, 7-5 win. Really pulled it out of the hat after that poor performance in the 10th game of the set.

Kerber broken serving for the match 19:59

Angelique Kerber gets very tight as she's tasked with the job of serving out for the match. When she gets double break-point up, Kirsten Flipkens does a big fist-pump and wave to the crowd, and then she completes the break as Kerber gets very leaden-legged all of a sudden.

Kerber rescues her position on No.119:09

Kirsten Flipkens was serving for the first set at 5-3, but the world no.1 Angelique Kerber stepped up her game to string together four straight games and take the first set. We don't want any more drama in the Ladies' Draw, do we? Well, Kerber doesn't.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Thu 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Shelby will end it for kerber.
And my team will be reduced to rubble when Giorgi knocks out Ostapenko. Buying a Condo in District RU90 right now. :) :)
The District mayor is away, to Flint, Michigan, working on clean water project.
Wonder if he'll be back just in time. LOL LOL
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Thu 06, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Thu 06, 2017 2:54 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I got good news for you: you may not believe it at this point in time, but Kerber vs Ostapenko will be the final #ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/56.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re:Day 4....Wimby

Post by Graveller » Jul Thu 06, 2017 2:57 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Based on your comments, I watched a summary of Gulbis vs DelPo.... nice match...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Gulbis is apparently the lowest ranked player to reach R3 at Wimbledon. But prior to his injury issues, he was a top10.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Talent never disappears....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Jul Thu 06, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.