Live Streaming at the USO......

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
rex
Commish
Commish
Live Streaming at the USO......

Post by rex » Aug Tue 22, 2017 5:47 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Attached is a link to a "Live Stream" app called Periscope. It's an app geared for users with iPhones and iPads. Yet, I'm streaming on MAC. Picture quality is o/s and, if available for the USO will be using same to view the event, tho' ESPN is also streaming. Looks pretty solid at the moment and for the life of me I don't know why via this app that they are not streaming qualies, instead of streaming players practicing like Cilic and Lopez, plus Angie and Madison. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#a href="https://www.pscp.tv/usopen/1mnGemWOXQYG ... p#br#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Live Streaming at the USO......

Post by rex » Aug Tue 22, 2017 6:04 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#hmmm.....quite a few people in the house watching Cilic and Lopez practice together. Slow day in Gotham it seems.......#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Live Streaming at the USO......

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Tue 22, 2017 6:24 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# 
I don't know why via this app that they are not streaming qualies, instead of streaming players practicing like Cilic and Lopez, plus Angie and Madison
This is even more stupid. Watching a player swing racket in the wind? for what? At least show where the ball is coming from. borrrrring.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Maybe they are not showing qualies because the camera can only show one side of the net. :( #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Tue 22, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re: Live Streaming at the USO......

Post by rex » Aug Tue 22, 2017 6:29 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#More than likely, they don't want to pay the production crew and camera people more than than allotted contract for the event, for qualies doesn't have paying customers and there is nothing to offset the personnel and production expense. Follow the money.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Tue 22, 2017 6:38 pm

The advertisers will come if they broadcast the matches, as people tune in.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Live Streaming at the USO......

Post by rex » Aug Tue 22, 2017 6:59 pm

<i>Two years ago and earlier the USO lived streamed qualies on 2 courts. Attendance was decent. All one had, tho', was just matches, no advertising. In addition, as a sport here in the States tennis does not draw many viewers, ratings are always low, as compared to the major sports like baseball, football, basketball, hockey and college sports football and basketball. The ratings for tennis are along the par of ESPNs poker events, bowling and hotdog eating contests. Advertisers won't pay for those low viewing numbers. So, imagine the viewership for qualies, if the maindraws for both the ladies and gents cannot attract decent viewership? 

</i>
Last edited by rex on Aug Tue 22, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.