6 Majors in Total - 2 FO, 2 WIMB & 2 USO
50%

Total votes: 4

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re:Assume you're a Pro Player

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 13, 2013 1:38 pm

her movement is parallel and not perpendicular to the net.
That's called Open Stance in the Williams Tennis Academy. It may look odd to you, but it's a feature in the sisters' game. It won them multiple slams.... Sometimes imitated, never duplicated by the outsiders.

Zvezda_red
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re:Assume you're a Pro Player

Post by Zvezda_red » Jun Thu 13, 2013 1:45 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#call it what you will and attach any name you want to it, but also called it a liability.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#look Richard did great with the girls in the beginning but he had and needed help in developing their games to where it is today.  he was smart enough to bring in experts when he realized his own limitations...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#open stance may have worked when V&S were able to overpower the field, when courts played differently.  today an open stance limits Venus' mobility on the court...if she plays open stance as daddy dearest taught her, she'll be sight seeing by the second Monday.  not hating on her now, just objective#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine

Tesla

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Serena hits bombs, super ground strokes and service returns with her open stance, today. It's not obsolete.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Thu 13, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zvezda_red
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Zvezda_red » Jun Thu 13, 2013 1:57 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Venus is no Serena#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Serena also has the best serve in women's tennis (include history as well).  Venus, not so much#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine

Tesla

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 13, 2013 2:01 pm

I was talking about the open stance. It's works great for those can execute it. And Serena is a fine example. :)