40%
40%

Total votes: 5

Footsoldier
Site Admin
Site Admin
2010: Does Roger have a shot @ Calendar Slam

Post by Footsoldier » Jan Sun 31, 2010 7:22 am

Time for the yearly ATP thread now that the AO is over. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Roddick's about the only person I think who can stop him at Wimbledon, but Roger's more vulnerable at the other two. So I'll say 2/4... but 3/4 wouldn't surprise me either. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Q. How would you feel if you would have gone out and lost to a woman who was playing on one leg?

SERENA WILLIAMS: If she was Serena Williams, I wouldn't feel that bad (smiling).

missinandre
Commish
Commish

Re:2010: Does Roger have a shot @ Calendar Slam

Post by missinandre » Jan Sun 31, 2010 11:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As with Serena, as long as he stays healthy and focused...he has a real shot at a calendar slam...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wouldn't it be awesome if they did it together?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
That's tennis and ya gotta love it!!!!

serenarulz09
Senior
Senior

Post by serenarulz09 » Jan Sun 31, 2010 12:43 pm

missinandre wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As with Serena, as long as he stays healthy and focused...he has a real shot at a calendar slam...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wouldn't it be awesome if they did it together?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Uhm no.... lol... You know I really can't stand Federer. I don't like anything about him mainly because he wins all the time and he the way he prisses on court and plays with his hair kills me. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#On a honest not I can understand why people don't like Serena now. It's like I can't stand him because he always wins and I still don't think he is the best ever. I don't he would have been beating Pete or Agassi much in their days. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

missinandre
Commish
Commish

Post by missinandre » Jan Sun 31, 2010 1:26 pm

serenarulz09 wrote:
missinandre wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As with Serena, as long as he stays healthy and focused...he has a real shot at a calendar slam...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wouldn't it be awesome if they did it together?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Uhm no.... lol... You know I really can't stand Federer. #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#I don't like anything about him mainly because he wins all the time and he the way he prisses on court and plays with his hair kills me. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#On a honest not I can understand why people don't like Serena now. It's like I can't stand him because he always wins and I still don't think he is the best ever. I don't he would have been #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000bf#ed_cl#beating Pete or Agassi#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# much in their days. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#1.  #ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Sounds like someone else I know....Let me give you a clue....she's SUCH a favorite of yours! :)#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#2.  Sad to say and think but....yes, he really would have been beating Pete and Agassi much.  Pete didn't have Nadal's rough and tumble  game...he had a serve (that killed him in the end) and a stellar serve and volley game.....But one of Roger's advantages is that...he reads his opponent's serve SO well.  He wouldn't have been intimidated by Pete's serve.....and For Andre.....one of the most consistent best defense players in the world....Roger would have given him a dose of his own medicine....as we saw in Andre's latter day.  Plus in Andre's earlier days...Roger would have been 100% focused on his tennis while Andre would have been 100% focused on his mullet staying on his head......#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

serenarulz09
Senior
Senior

Post by serenarulz09 » Jan Sun 31, 2010 2:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#haha yeah missin that's my whole point behind I understand why people don't like her, because she wins a lot... but but but... She doesnt win a lot outside of the majors lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

missinandre
Commish
Commish

Post by missinandre » Jan Sun 31, 2010 4:46 pm

serenarulz09 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#haha yeah missin that's my whole point behind I understand why people don't like her, because she wins a lot... but but but... She doesnt win a lot outside of the majors lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Neither does Fed :)  Outside of the majors, he is FAIR game :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Footsoldier
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Footsoldier » Feb Mon 01, 2010 2:57 pm

It's nowhere near as extreme though with him. He's more vulnerable outside the majors for sure, but Serena's won 5 non-slam titles in the last 5 years. Roger's won 5 in the last TWO years, and they've been two of the most vulnerable years of his career. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Roger might not go all-out in the non-slam events... but atleast he always puts in a good effort. I think Serena's definition of "good effort" outside of the slams is when she jogs more than 2 steps to get to the ball.  #ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/35.gif"#ed_cl# But having said that, her last few events have been fairly promising... so hopefully Tankrena will quit showing up outside of the majors. She can give only 70-80% (like Roger does) and still be good enough to win most of these events.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Q. How would you feel if you would have gone out and lost to a woman who was playing on one leg?

SERENA WILLIAMS: If she was Serena Williams, I wouldn't feel that bad (smiling).

serenarulz09
Senior
Senior

Post by serenarulz09 » Feb Mon 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Footsoldier wrote:It's nowhere near as extreme though with him. He's more vulnerable outside the majors for sure, but Serena's won 5 non-slam titles in the last 5 years. Roger's won 5 in the last TWO years, and they've been two of the most vulnerable years of his career. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Roger might not go all-out in the non-slam events... but atleast he always puts in a good effort. I think Serena's definition of "good effort" outside of the slams is when she jogs more than 2 steps to get to the ball.  #ed_op#IMG src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/35.gif"#ed_cl# But having said that, her last few events have been fairly promising... so hopefully Tankrena will quit showing up outside of the majors. She can give only 70-80% (like Roger does) and still be good enough to win most of these events.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL Serena won the Australian Open only giving 60 to 70 percent#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#