The Run to Asia
Who's got stamina???

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 PLAYER: Federer Receives ...(1) Pyotr  Pre-2019 Domination (1) Mytiwtiw  Zhuhai - mini-YEC (6) Graveller
 London ATP Masters PGame (3) Jeff in Tex  SAFAROVA Retires (1) Mytiwtiw  Serena in Shape? (14) Pyotr
 Aggie Retires (2) Jeff in Tex  Cahill leaves Halep (0) Ace2Ace  Kuzmova (3) Mytiwtiw
 Houston 125k (0) rex  Fissette back with Azaren...(2) rex  NOVAK, New No.1. Incredib...(2) Grossefavou
 SERENA, GQ (Woman) Of The...(0) Grossefavou  atp PG (2) Graveller  Final Summary '18-WTA-PGa...(26) CrossCourtB
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » Ladies off the Court » Serena in Shape?
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 1:55 pm       Serena in Shape?
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2975

Last edited by rex on Nov Thu 01, 2018 1:56 pm;
Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 2:21 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22381

Picture looks elongated.
Would need more photos ... Not sure she can be that thin right now. Gonna take longer.
Would be very surprised.

Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 2:32 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22381

https://www.instagram.com/serenawilliams/?utm_source=ig_embed

Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 2:40 pm       Re:Serena in Shape?
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22381

wendyosefo I dont cheat to win, Id rather lose.-Serena Williams, 2018.
Thank you Queen @ serenawilliams for all you have done for brown girls like myself. We are forever grateful.
Happy Halloween Folks!
P.S. I wore black stockings for the full effect and Js for the culture

Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 2:41 pm       Re:Serena in Shape?
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22381

Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 2:50 pm       Re:Serena in Shape?
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2975

This is Serena at a photo shoot outside of a stadium...... Her size is legit, she's lost weight and is in shape, physically.....

Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 2:55 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22381

wow !!!! Too skinny so soon. I still have hard time believing it. Can't picture her this light right now.

Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 3:01 pm       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2975

@ Ace2Ace:

It's been 2 months since the USO. Entirely possible to reduce significantly during that time..... However, she'll be in her 38th year of birth and is past her prime. I, for one, have no expectations for her for the coming season and for the rest of her career, but at least she got into shape and lost that bulk. She looks nice.....

Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 3:16 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22381

I think she's got a full good year of tennis in her. 2019 will be it. She will still be very sharp at the Aussie Open. By the time US Open comes around, I don't think she'll be able to retrieve Sabalenka's bombs.

Look at Lebron James. Can't dribble to the basket to win a match. Turns the ball over at the last shot to tie the game. Misses free throw that would win the match. The man is done IMHO. Can't close it out anymore. L.A great weather is not helping. He is having too much fan off the court. Retirement soon.

For Serena, 1 more year, 1 more slam. and we are done !!!!

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Nov Thu 01, 2018 3:18 pm;
Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 4:30 pm       
Pyotr
Junior

Joined28 Aug 2012
Posts249

How many times has the demise of Serena Williams been foretold?

At this point in Serena's career, IT'S ALL MENTAL!

It's about the motivation, willingness to sacrifice, and not allowing herself to get caught up in "chasing history".
She has all she needs to win, it's all still there. It's just a matter of how much she wants it(meaning the work
required in getting it). Also, for all the one's at the top now and what is seen coming, all lack the mentality
and consistency for dominance. Serena still even now has the ability to return to dominance.

Serena's fitness/weight IMHO was/is just a matter of balance. The balance between putting in the work
and enjoying the joys of married life and motherhood. Has to be some give and take. It can and I think will be done.

Ace, you daring to compare Lebron to her is laughable! He's comparatively not now nor has ever been in her league.
He never was in MJ or Kobe's league, or among a myriad of other as well, regardless of the medias years for force feeding.

Last edited by Pyotr on Nov Thu 01, 2018 4:33 pm;
Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 4:48 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22381

@ Pyotr:
 Never said Lebron was greater than Kobe or Michael. I think so far at L.A, he's been the one holding the team back.
They have trusted him in crunch times, and he so far has failed to deliver. I think they should give the ball to Kuzma, Ingram or Anderson. They can penetrate, go for a dunk and get fouled in the those dying seconds.
There has been 4 games they should have won. In 2 of them he couldn't make the free throws. And the other 2, he lost the ball while trying to dribble.
Every time they gave the ball to Lebron in those crucial seconds, he couldn't do it. Kobe or Michael would have finished it off.

I said Lebron is done. And Serena will be done after next season. At some point, they all hang it up.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Nov Thu 01, 2018 4:54 pm;
Posted: Nov Thu 01, 2018 5:34 pm       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2975

@ Ace2Ace:

Code:
 I think she's got a full good year of tennis in her. 2019 will be it.

I believe the 2020 year, the Olympic Year, will be the last for both she and Venus. Nice venue to depart on the grandest of stages, finishing at the USO ere a packed house with ceremony in prime time......

Posted: Nov Fri 02, 2018 12:22 am       Re:Serena in Shape?
Pyotr
Junior

Joined28 Aug 2012
Posts249

Fair enough. To be fair, Lebron's never had a clutch mentality, in spite of the few times he's gotten lucky.
IMHO, moving to LA was signaling that he knew it was over.

That said, I don't believe Serena is over or that next year will be it for her.
I agree with rex that she and Venus make it to Tokyo(at least) before hanging it up.

Last edited by Pyotr on Nov Fri 02, 2018 12:24 am;
Posted: Nov Fri 02, 2018 9:29 pm       Re:Serena in Shape?
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22381

@ Pyotr:
 Just read:
"...
To that end, Johnson would have a point. The Lakers seem to be treating James like Kobe Bryant in end-game situations, giving him the ball and getting out of the way. ......."

Yup, that's what I was talking about. Glad they are talking about the problem. Lebron is no Kobe or Jordan. Every time they gave him the ball to go get the winning basket, he failed. Let Ingram or Anderson dribble to the basket. Lebron can't do it. Too slow.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Nov Fri 02, 2018 9:32 pm;
Posted: Nov Fri 02, 2018 11:51 pm       
Pyotr
Junior

Joined28 Aug 2012
Posts249

Yeah, but even when he was younger he never really had it. He always lacked the killer
instinct and seemed to dread pressure moments. My brother still talks about him refusing
to take that last shot in that meaningless 2012 All Star game years ago where both Kobe
and Melo clowned him for passing it off.

He doesn't physically have it, but mentally never really had it to begin with.

Page 1 of 1      
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP ATP Finals

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google