Tournaments this week

Beijing.....Ladies

All Tennis, All the Time
rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Sep Fri 28, 2018 2:50 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Since I've gotten my new iMac, my Russian stream is dead, in addition to my link to Sport Zone that I'v been unsuccessful in reestablishing.... Duly missing same w/o question.....

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Fri 28, 2018 2:51 pm

My stream is dead too...

Good to know that you are a Chicago expert :-) one of the remaining US-cities on my to-do list.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Sep Fri 28, 2018 3:17 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Been here all my life, but am not an expert on Chi Town. The city is changing culturally, regentrification is on-going, resulting in changes in all-directions from the downtown area, save for the East, which is the Lake. New bldgs are popping up everywhere, even surprising me, for I live in the burbs'. Yet, the social amenities remain with a lot to see during the day and a thriving, night life along the Magnificent Mile with shopping/restaurants galore and an interesting Navy Pier on the Lake offering varieties of entertainment. Expensive tho' and you'll need to take cabs to get to the places you desire to see, for they span along the Lake for at least 10 miles. Beautiful city........
Last edited by rex on Sep Fri 28, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Sep Sat 29, 2018 12:22 am

Hi all#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#bejng arriving so fast #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#@rex thanks for the heads up re fmko#ed_op#br#ed_cl#@ace - I'm also unable to access the stream - surely we can rectify this ! we must lol - it is my go to - my only go to tennis watching place!
Last edited by CrossCourtBH on Sep Sat 29, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Beijing.....Ladies

Post by rex » Sep Sat 29, 2018 2:14 am

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Petra K. loses to Gavrilova by a score of 6-2, 6-1........#ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Rolleyes/2.gif"#ed_cl#.... Absolutely sad.......
#ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Sad/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re:Beijing.....Ladies

Post by Graveller » Sep Sat 29, 2018 5:09 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#&nbsp;I really have to pick Petra more as a fmKO; she hasa habit of doing very well or very bad. At the end of the year, she tends to be one of the top 10 with most R1 losses...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#And I was considering her, but Woz is equally bad at the moment, and was thinking that Belinda had a shot at that one (and Woz being top4 gives more fmKO points)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Sat 29, 2018 5:40 am

Svitolina out too.... an again no one picked her as fmKO....

Bejing is following the Wuhan-path with top seeds crashing out in the early rounds it seems...

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Sep Sun 30, 2018 6:34 am

I feel like the tennis season for both main tours should end in late September/early October with the last two events being US Open & YEC. Only because it seems everything post-USO and pre-YEC is a throw away. Also, a longer off season would be great. JMO.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Tue 02, 2018 3:43 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#
Collins started with a break vs Osaka, leading *1-0, but then Naomi became a Shinkansen and took six games in a row... first set in the pocket. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Edit: make that 7 in a row... a break on love right at the start of set 2... this could be over rapidly... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Oct Tue 02, 2018 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Tue 02, 2018 5:28 am

Ostapenko has left the top16-building, but she won't be hungry on her travel: Wang gave her two bagels... #whathappenswhenyouwinaslamtoosoon
Last edited by Graveller on Oct Tue 02, 2018 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.