PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

US Open Draw and Results

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re:US Open Draw and Results

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Sat 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Rafa destroyed my Skan team. Who cares about him when the Princess of Wakanda is in Da House?#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="https://i.imgur.com/i3ZLqOC.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Sat 08, 2018 12:31 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#Oh I hate the outfit. lol lol lol.. Whose idea was this? It gets caught anywhere anytime and she is constantly fighting with it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#But she is winning so that helps..  #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="https://i.imgur.com/uewYtey.jpg"#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Sat 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Sat 08, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Sat 08, 2018 12:35 pm

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Sat 08, 2018 12:36 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#She owned the net like a boss !!! Who called her a ball basher? Bravely raise your hand, Tiwtiw. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="https://i.imgur.com/I2FkKF7.jpg"#ed_cl# ... /div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Sat 08, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Sep Sat 08, 2018 4:39 pm

This is a disgrace, defiling a competitive final.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Sep Sat 08, 2018 9:10 pm

A game penalty for woofing in her chair ~ Never seen it happen before!!

GSM!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Sat 08, 2018 10:26 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#We've been here before. We've seen this again and again. Serena needs to handle these things better. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#There is really no need for this type of drama. No need to ruin Naomi's victory.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Serena should not go back to those dark places. She's not new on the scene.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#She came out flat. A slow start. 4 Double-faults for 1 ace in the first 2 service games. Lots of unforced errors. Things were not looking great. That was the time to try to focus and get in the match. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#She goes down another break on another UE and Double fault. She loses the first set miserably 6-2. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#We all seen that so let's fast forwards.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#The umpire gives her a warning for Patrick gesturing to her. She has to give the umpire the benefit of the doubt if she didn't see Patrick. Umpire is not going to make up such a call. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#She could have simply ask what happened.. and tell the umpire politely she didn't see Patrick coaching. And that should have been the end of it. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#But insisting that the umpire apologizes for an assault on her character? What the F.ck ??? really. He knows what he saw. And he rightfully made a call. There is nothing to apologize for. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#If Serena didn't see Patrick, she should entertain the thought that maybe Patrick did something. She can't just blatantly accuse the ref of bias, out to get her, etc, etc. That was really uncalled for.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#And she kept going and going and going asking for apology because her integrity had been violated.. What in the World!! really!!  WTF !!!!#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#It's not the first time and it will not be the last time a coaching violation is called.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#As a player who's seen quite a few incidents derailing matches, she should have simply not taken the matter as a personal attack and move on... then explain things later at her press conference.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#There was no reason for drama, verbally abusing the umpire, breaking all rules and protocols... And when the book is thrown at her by an exasperated umpire, call him a thief. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#In my book, at that point, the umpire should have just called it game-set and match. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#You can't abuse the umpire. You can't keep woofing on and on and on and on about something that simple that happens now and then. There is nothing personal. The umpire is not out there to get you. Got to get that out of your mind and focus on the match at stake.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Very disappointed tonight. I can't find the slightest excuse to defend Serena's behavior tonight.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Just take the warning, focus on your match, on the next point, and play.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#It's useless to later come to a press conference and play nice about it, explaining how the umpire understood and how you got on the same page, etc, etc. B.S. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#If that's the case, why did you keep going on and on, insisting he apologizes to you. He saw Patrick gesture.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#And to Serena's detriment, Patrick acknowledged he did coach. We all saw the video replay. So what does that make your explosion? silly? Is that why you tried to downplay the incident at the press conference? #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#You should have thought about that. You should have thought, "what if the umpire saw Patrick coaching? Is it his prerogative to issue a warning, whether I saw Patrick or not?". At this age, we expect you to be wise about those things.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#"I am a mother.. I don't cheat, blah blah.." Motherhood is no sainthood. You are not the first mother on earth and will not be the last. Girl, stop all the non-sense.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#And this is not an issue about Women being mistreated in society; that if it were a man, the umpire would not have issued the penalty... etc... Well, who said life was fair? There are refs out there who do not tolerate this kind of behavior, whether it's coming from a man or a woman. There are other refs who  let go. So pick your battle wisely. You only have yourself to blame.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#You called him a thief. You were totally out of line. And he was right to throw the book at you. I would have done the same.  #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I hope WTA fines you another $80,000, like last time. I know out of a $1,5 million check, it's pocket change for you, but still.#ed_op#br#ed_cl# They shouldn't let this umpire abuse go unpunished. It's got to stop.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#The umpire did his part. Now WTA or ITF has to do its part.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Sorry, Serena. You were 500% wrong.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I repeated myself a lot but hey, it's that kind of evening.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Sat 08, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Sat 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Rafa44 wrote:I am tired of seeing Serena fans supporting her behavior in the final. Sorry, Serena fans, but how she reacted was just plain wrong. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The umpire called her coach - for illegal coaching (and he admitted to doing it). Serena acted like the ump had personally attacked her by making that legitimate call. Serena basically accused the ump of calling her a "cheater". He never did any such thing. He called it on her coach - not on her. So Serena was way out of line right from the beginning. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#She should have just accepted the call - and moved on. But she went off on the umpire - trying to prove that he had made a mistake. "You are calling me a cheater. I am not a cheater! You owe me an apology!" On and on... She could have received a second code of conduct call right then - for going on and on (it was clearly a time violation). #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Then she gets upset because she loses another game... and smashes her racket - to earn her second violation (and got penalized a point). She earned that one all by herself. She can't blame that one on her coach, the umpire - or anyone else... but herself.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Then between games, she continues to yell at the umpire that he "owes her an apology!" That he stole a point from her. And she even called him a thief. This tirade went on for what... 30 seconds... a minute...? #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Serena going off - verbally attacking the umpire for making a call that  is mandatory when a player smashes their racket. She had nothing to stand on. She was totally in the wrong. Yet she just kept going on and on. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#She totally earned that third conduct violation... and the umpire gave her a lot more time than she probably deserved - before finally calling it on her. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Then, after the loss of game penalty became clear to Serena... she lost it even more. At that point... the umpire could have (and probably should have) given her a well earned FOURTH violation... and that would have ended the match right then and there. Serena was actually lucky... that she got to continue and play the end of that match. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The umpire followed the rules of the game. Serena made a huge mountain out a tiny little molehill... and created a fiasco at the U.S. Open final. It was so embarrassing for her - and for anyone who has held her as a hero/role model. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Serena totally took away a huge chunk of the joy that Naomi Osaka earned with her great performance. She wins her first grand slam title (the first ever won by a Japanese player) and Serena's extremely poor behavior steals almost all the spotlight. It was a disgraceful showing by someone that has so many young players looking up to her as their hero/role model. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Serena Williams - The umpire does not owe you an apology. YOU owe the umpire an apology. And you owe all your fans an apology as well. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#And more than anyone else - you owe a huge apology to Naomi Osaka.
Totally agree .. Serena owes tennis fans an apology.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Sat 08, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Sun 09, 2018 3:59 am

I did not see the final live, but saw some replays a summaries now this morning. It is a shame that it happened for all those involved, but no one is perfect.

What I do take away from this final is that Serena still passionately cares about tennis. She will be back to get that #24 (not saying that she will win it, but no doubt that she is a contender in each 2019-slam).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"