PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

US Open Draw and Results

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Mon 27, 2018 4:29 pm

[1] Halep vs Kanepi#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[Q]Teichmann vs Jakupovic#ed_op#br#ed_cl#King vs Vikhlyantseva#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Peterson vs [27] Pavlyuchenkova#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[17] S. Williams vs Linette#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Dolehide vs Witthoeft#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Giorgi vs [WC] Osuigwe#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[WC] Kuznetsova vs [16] V. Williams#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#This is a crazy section. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#When is the last time Vania King won a match on the tour? :) :) #ed_op#br#ed_cl#She just beat this hard hitting wild Vikhly. Can't believe it !!! I thought she just showed up to collect her R1 paycheck.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Mon 27, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Tue 28, 2018 3:57 pm

Top Half

Kanepi vs [Q]Teichmann
King vs Peterson
[17] S. Williams vs Witthoeft
Giorgi vs [16] V. Williams

[12] Muguruza vs. [Q]Muchova
Safarova vs [18] Barty
[32] Sakkari vs Kenin
Bogdan vs [8] Ka.Pliskova

[3] Stephens vs [Q]Kalinina
[WC] Azarenka vs [25] Gavrilova
[23] Strycova vs Arruabarrena
Lapko vs [15] Mertens

[9] Goerges vs Makarova
[WC] Liu vs [19] Sevastova
Q.Wang vs Begu
Maria vs [7] Svitolina

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Tue 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Bottom half

[6] Garcia vs Puig
Mladenovic vs [30] Suarez Navarro
[22] Sharapova vs [Q]Schnyder vs Cirstea
Townsend vs [10] Ostapenko

[14] Keys vs Pera
Krunic vs Flipkens
[29] Cibulkova vs Hsieh
Larsson vs [4] Kerber

[5] Kvitova vs Y.Wang
[Q]Zvonareva vs [26] Sabalenka
[20] Osaka vs [Q]Glushko
Sasnovich vs [11] Kasatkina

[13] Bertens vs [Q]Di Lorenzo
[Q]Bouchard vs Vondrousova
Siniakova vs Tomljanovic
Tsurenko vs [2] Wozniacki

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Top half#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kanepi vs Peterson#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[17] S. Williams vs [16] V. Williams#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[Q]Muchova vs [18] Barty#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kenin vs [8] Ka.Pliskova#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#[3] Stephens vs [WC] Azarenka #ed_op#br#ed_cl#[23] Strycova vs [15] Mertens#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Makarova vs [19] Sevastova#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Q.Wang vs [7] Svitolina
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:18 am

#ed_op#img src="http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/2018 ... PFxysx.jpg" width="900" height="600"#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I turned on the scoreboard and Muguruza was leading 5-0. . I thought, well, it's one those ITF scrubs. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Then before going to bed, I checked again and it was 5-3. Hummmm... who is this ITF girl who wins 3 games in a row from 0-5? Most scrubs would give up. So I turned on the video stream to check. Surprise, this girl is actually fun to watch. So I stayed and don't regret it. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#In her 3rd WTA main draw match, Karolina Muchova defeated Muguruza 3-6 6-4 6-4#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#At 22, she is ready for the big stage. She is a good player. Big serve and ground strokes. Lots of varieties. Great fighting spirit. Never die attitude. Yup, she'll join the big girls in the top-100 soon.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#She is a mature ITF player. I don't know if she's been playing Doubles, but she is good at the net and doesn't hesitate to move forwards. She is not stuck at the baseline. Nice to watch.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Great match !!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And this is also good news for Serena. When Muguruza sees Serena or Venus at the other side, she becomes Super top player. lol lol lol.. The sisters are a great source of inspiration for lots of players. They always play their best games against the sisters. And Muchova, if she gets to play Venus or Serena, will come out banging. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#One match doesn't say it all.. But she has a good game. Hope she makes it one step further.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Thu 30, 2018 1:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:29 am

upriser7 wrote:Brilliant performance from Muchova Mug wasn't terrible or anything..she was probably playing average but was getting dominated in rallies by Muchova in last 2 sets. Muchova's game though , just beautiful...her game is more entertaining than so many players in top50
agree. she is not boring to watch. Very dynamic player. She is not your typical baseline ball basher. First time watching her play.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:36 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#
Haseo wrote:My God what a beautiful game Kaja has. Her technique is amazing! Another Czech who is ultra talented at the net. I love seeing great net game in singles so much <3 It's a thing of beauty. She was hitting winners with all kind of shots out there. Deserved win. Garbine on the other hand looked lost out there. Should have broke at 0-2 in the third but losing that game costed her later.
Agree. So many different shots in her bag. Where has she been? :) :) Wasting her talent in the ITF jungle? LOL LOL . Girl, get it together. The big paycheck in New York should help. :) #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#
Jack.mcc wrote:In her entire career Muchova has earned 50k $.
And now in NY she already has 150k $. That can be huge turnover in her
career with financial security.
Hope so.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:42 am

Asherio wrote:Ugh, Garbine...
But Muchova played muuuuuch better than whatever I was expecting from someone outside the top 200. She has lots of variety, serves and defends well AND can be very aggressive. 41 winners is pretty impressive against a player like Garbine. Deserved win.
Well deserved, indeed. Would have been sad had she lost after that kind of performance. She needs the points to improve her ranking and get out of ITF.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:44 am

Random Run wrote:...Muchova played weeeell above her ranking. The talent was always there for her #ed_op#b#ed_cl#but consistency has always been an issue#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#. She'd easily be a top 100 player if she could bring this level just a bit more often...
Oh I see. Is she like one those talented girls who never makes it because too inconsistent? That would be sad. Because she's fun to watch.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Thu 30, 2018 12:48 am

njnetswill wrote:Muchova is so much fun to watch. Really impressed by her game and shocked she is ranked so low. It's not often you see a young player that has variety as well as the ability to smack winners with easy power.
Yup ... power and finesse. She's got it all.