PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

USO: SERENA Seeded Higher Than Maria

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Thu 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Aaaannddd... the 12.5% became 100%: venus vs serena in R3.
I indeed felt karma coming... and Halep in R4...

I guess many Serena-fans now wished that US Open organisers had not listened to the will of the people who wanted a totally unnecessary upgrade of her seeding.

She should have been treated just like Clijsters and Azarenka in their first post-baby US Open.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Fri 24, 2018 8:47 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Apples and oranges, the disappointing draw notwithstanding. If memory serves, Clijsters had retired and Azakenka wasn't ranked No.1, won GS titles while pregnant and held other GS titles to boot.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Aug Fri 24, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Fri 24, 2018 12:11 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

My point is that they were top players and their results (slam winner, former #1) prior to losing their ranking (due to retirement!pregnancy) were never consider to upgrade their seeding in the draw..

Good to see American chauvinism getting back at them.

And the likely opponent of the #26 seed (Serena’s true seeding) in R3, i.e. Kvitova, had to withdraw from New Haven...

Who would have thought that being seeded #26 would be better than being seeded #17...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

nadals
Regular
Regular

Re:USO: SERENA Seeded Higher Than Maria

Post by nadals » Aug Sun 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Hey guys, how's it going?

nadals
Regular
Regular

Post by nadals » Aug Sun 26, 2018 3:35 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

If Belgium or Belarus had their own major tournament, Kim and Vika would have received special treatment upon their return from maternity leave too.

In any case, Serena really has nothing to prove. I know you hate her guts, so this is sweet justice in your eyes.