PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

San Jose Draw and Results

All Tennis, All the Time
Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Wed 01, 2018 4:39 pm

I guess being a mom is the most important thing in her life... and so it should be.

That is why it is so hard to be a mom and a professional athlete at the same time. Because the latter requires 100% commitment if you want to be at your best..and the older you get, the more that you need to live for your sport only.

Even Clijsters only managed to be part- time player for two years, and she was lucky to be in her twenties...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Aug Wed 01, 2018 5:07 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#ESPN 360? What station is that at ESPN?  I've used in the past their regular channels for the NBA and ESPN 3 for tennis at the Slams they've covered, but I'm not aware of ESPN 360.... Further, I've accessed their website and there is no such station on their menu as part of their network that I've seen as yet. So, where is such? #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Re Serena, regarding her prep or lack there of, she's not the only one who hasn't played since Wimby, for most of the top-10 hasn't played since, including the Wimby winner. So, everyone practically is in the same boat, but I'm giving Serena leeway due to her age and lack of match play this year, tho', again, she reached the Wimby final after having not played much all year. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Don't know how to gauge Serena after not seeing this shellacking in to to and what her chances are in NY, save for relying on tourney performance prior to the event. If she gets whipped like this again ere such event, then how I think of her for the games (PD and Skan, my favorite to win after the Wimby final appearance.) will change. I'm already backing off Vika, for she's too thin, has no power in her ground game and she's getting spanked, in addition to the only other player I'm considering is Petra K, but she can lose to anyone. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Well, I'll just have to wait and see what happens in Montreal, then Cincy, if Serena elects to play.... #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Wed 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Muguruza withdrew from SAn Jose, so Vika is off the hook... a semi between her and Venus is looming on he horizon.

In the lower part, 8 am hoping to see a Mertens in the Final. Her win today was rather convincingly (2 & 0).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:San Jose Draw and Results

Post by rex » Aug Wed 01, 2018 5:42 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Re ESPN 360, it's ESPN 3 and I didn't know they were broadcasting the event on their stream. After the R-stream(s) and the betting sites bottomed out, went to the telly to see if the event was broadcast and noted that ESPN was carrying San Jose but only on Friday and the weekend. ESPN 3 didn't even cross my mind, for ESPN doesn't broadcast any ladies' events, save for the Slams. Further, after ESPN killed the Wimby event this year on ESPN3, but wanted subscribers to pay for such via ESPN+ I all but gave up on the station for tennis. Oh well....nice quality video for Konta v Kenin. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Too bad Garbine withdrew, was looking forward to her match with Vika. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Aug Wed 01, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 01, 2018 7:20 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# They used to call it espn360. I still got my old link in my favorite.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Here is the replay on ESPN: #ed_op#a href="http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=339 ... ed_cl#They showed it LIVE yesterday at that same site.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#They will show a match LIVE at 9pm Central.: #ed_op#a href="http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?cat ... _cl#Replay: #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Mertens: #ed_op#a href="http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=341 ... Mladenovic: #ed_op#a href="http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=339 ... -Bodarenko: #ed_op#a href="http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=339 ... ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
Re Serena, regarding her prep or lack there of, she's not the only one who hasn't played since Wimby, for most of the top-10 hasn't played since, including the Wimby winner. So, everyone practically is in the same boat, but I'm giving Serena leeway due to her age and lack of match play this year, tho', again, she reached the Wimby final after having not played much all year.
I was talking about practice, not tournaments. She played like someone who's been away for 2 years showing up without much preparation. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Wed 01, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 01, 2018 7:30 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# So the few top-10 that showed up here are all out. :) Too bad for those who bought tickets.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Aug Thu 02, 2018 8:52 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
So the few top-10 that showed up here are all out. Smile Too bad for those who bought tickets.
#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Suppose this was you who had bought tickets. I don't believe you'd think losing top players in this event would be funny at all, especially for the tourney organizers in their maiden event for San Jose. Watched some of these matches and the attendance is so-so to sparse with only Serena packing the house. With California being a graveyard for tennis (ladies and the gents), sans IW, San Jose is trying to establish an identity and having Serena, Garbine, Venus and Vika show up is/was a major boost for them in addition to the fact that San Jose is the only event in the Series that is played on the West Coast for both women and the men, while every other event is either in the East or Midwest. For a small event like San Jose if top players don't elect to participate, then this tourney can easily fold like every other men's or women's event in California. Serena losing was huge for the gate here. There is no one else in what's left of this draw capable of attracting what she drew for her match and the people who bought tickets in advance are indeed disappointed, as I would be. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Aug Sat 04, 2018 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Thu 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Got news that Madison Keys dropped out too.
Tomlj will now place a LL

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Fri 03, 2018 11:41 am

If Vee cannot or does not win this title, I'm afraid her title winning days are over, sadly.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:San Jose Draw and Results

Post by rex » Aug Fri 03, 2018 8:45 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Vika "retired" after winning the lst set 7-6, down 0-3 in the 2nd. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Nice job by the players for this event.....#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#