The Run to Asia
Who's got stamina???

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 yec 2018 (5) Graveller  PGamers......Hong Kong (7) Graveller  kavanaughty (14) Mytiwtiw
 PGame YEC - Sunday start (11) Graveller  VERDASCO'S Diva Fit (4) Pyotr  Beijing.....Ladies (24) Ace2Ace
 Wimbledon reforms 5th set...(4) Mytiwtiw  NOVAK, New No.1. Incredib...(1) Mytiwtiw  SLOANE Meltdown In China (2) PeterSkan
 Ace.... (5) Mytiwtiw  Shanghai ATP1000 (4) Graveller  JUSTICE For WS; Maria's C...(0) Grossefavou
 2019 almost here .. Maria...(4) Graveller  NAOMI Struggles With Pres...(4) Mytiwtiw  2018 ITF General talks (76) Ace2Ace
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » All Tennis: Mixed » LOCHTE Banned For Doping
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Jul Mon 23, 2018 12:07 pm       LOCHTE Banned For Doping
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5003

Remember him? He made up that story in Brazil about being robbed during the Oly Games.

In any event, if this is true, this is even dumber than his fabricated story!

Swimmer Ryan Lochte Suspended 14 Months for Doping Violation Involving IV Use

Six-time Olympic gold medallist Ryan Lochte was suspended by the United States Anti-Doping Agency for 14 months for receiving an illegal intravenous infusion in May.

Per USADA, the American swimmer will be banned until next July after breaking anti-doping rules around athletes not being able to receive IVs unless given an exemption or if they are hospitalised.

Lochte, 33, did not take any banned substances but contravened rules about the use of IVs in quantities over 100 millilitres, according to USADA's statement.

An investigation was prompted in May when Lochte posted an image on social media that showed him receiving the treatment.

Ryan Lochte at a press conference now: "I wasn't taking anything illegal. Everything was legal. You can get it at CVS, Walgreens, but there are rules, and you have to obey them. ... Don't worry. I'm not giving up. I'm going to keep going [to Tokyo 2020]."

The ban was backdated to May 24, so the key events Lochte will miss will be the Pan Pacific Championships in August and the 2019 World Championships.

Posted: Jul Mon 23, 2018 1:27 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22364

That is stupid. You go see your doctor. He says you need a shot. So you first have to call WADA? lol lol ...
I can see if you are going to take that at least once a month for a long period. But a one time shot? How about let the doctor do his job, then inform WADA you've taken a shot of x and Y ???

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Mon 23, 2018 1:28 pm;
Posted: Jul Mon 23, 2018 1:50 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5003

@ Ace2Ace:

Yes, he's not in a life-threatening situation.
Plus, why is the girl also hooked up to the IV?

Posted: Jul Mon 23, 2018 1:55 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5003

Instagram shot that got him busted.

https://www.sportinglife.com/other-sports/news/insta-ban-for-ryan-lochte/150334

Posted: Jul Mon 23, 2018 2:18 pm       Re:LOCHTE Banned For Doping
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22364

Russian kids taking Meldonium

Posted: Jul Mon 23, 2018 2:22 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5003

I think he'd been doing it so long, he forgot it was illegal. Plus, was perhaps so excited to have an 'instagrammable' image, he forgot to think it thru. Followers LOVE seeing stars in so-called intimate, private scenarios, particularly medical because it makes them 'relatable.'

It's like emailing/texting the wrong person. Oops!

Posted: Jul Mon 23, 2018 2:24 pm       Re:LOCHTE Banned For Doping
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5003

@ Ace2Ace:

Lol. Well, that might be true because Vesnina said it was common for ordinary Russians to take it. From her statement I'm convinced she too was on it but escaped notice.

Posted: Jul Mon 23, 2018 2:31 pm       Re:LOCHTE Banned For Doping
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22364

@ Grossefavourite:

Google Translation:
Kasatkina wrote:
We are not at all critical about Sharapova, which is a bit ridiculous because the thing she took in Russia takes every child, because it's not doping, it's just vitamins, so the Russians do not talk badly about them because it was just a mistake, even though I do not know who made the mistake.

Vesnina wrote:
It was a mistake from her, which does not mean she took it deliberately to achieve something.This drug is nothing serious, old people take it in Russia and in the former Soviet Union countries but I think it was very strange that so many players were against her, they said she was a bad person, so that's not all the Russians knew what happened, so we were behind Maria, and we did not want to bring these things to the press as other players did

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Mon 23, 2018 2:36 pm;
Posted: Jul Mon 23, 2018 2:33 pm       Re:LOCHTE Banned For Doping
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5003

@ Ace2Ace:

Yep, WADA said they'd secretly tested athletes during the prior year after being tipped off, and discovered that many Russian tennis players were taking it.

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Mon 23, 2018 2:33 pm;
  Page 1 of 1      
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Basel
ATP Vienna

WTA Singapore

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google