Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Hope Trump-Lover ISNER Loses Until He Retires

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 09, 2018 1:32 pm

I'll never root for him, ever.......!!!

Trump visit wouldn't rattle Serena at Wimbledon

London (AFP) - Serena Williams insists she wouldn't be concerned if US President Donald Trump made a surprise visit to see her play in the Wimbledon final.

Trump is set to arrive in the United Kingdom later this week for a four-day visit set to be marred by protests against the controversial American commander-in-chief.

Noted tennis fan Trump, who is to visit London, Windsor and Scotland, is not believed to be scheduled to attend any matches at Wimbledon at present.

But, with Williams through to the quarter-finals as she chases an eighth Wimbledon title, the 36-year-old American was asked how she would react if she made Saturday's final and the polarising Trump turned up at the All England Club.

"I feel like he has the right to do whatever he wants to do," Williams said after her fourth round win over Evgeniya Rodina on Monday.

"If he wants to come to a Wimbledon final, he has that right. I hope I'll be there.

"I still have a lot of matches to win. For me, I can't even think that far. I'm just thinking one at a time."

Serena's fellow American John Isner was more definitive than Williams, admitting he would love to have Trump in the crowd if he advances at Wimbledon.

Isner is through to the Wimbledon quarter-finals for the first time, where the ninth seed faces Canada's Milos Raonic on Wednesday.

The men's semi-finals are on Friday and the final is on Sunday.

"Certainly. I'd love to have Trump come watch me. That would be awesome," Isner said.

"Maybe I'll tweet at him if I win on Wednesday.

"I know a lot of people won't like that, but I don't care.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Mon 09, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Mon 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Trump at Wimbledon? When hell freezes... his ego could not deal with massive booing...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Mon 09, 2018 2:25 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Trump at Wimbledon? When hell freezes... his ego could not deal with massive booing...
I don't believe Wimbledon crowd would boo Trump. It's a sophisticated crowd, not the New York rowdy crowd. :)
Trump would not dare show up at the US Open. lol lol lol. He knows Wimbledon crowd will just enjoy its tennis as if Trump never happened.

Serena has the right attitude. She is in London to try to win a tennis tournament, not to get involved with what Trump does or doesn't do.

You go girl !!! Let's not get distracted. #24 is 3 matches away. You can do it !!!!
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Mon 09, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Good, the tree is facing a Canadian next. Hope he gets chopped down to bits. Ironically, Trump would not be interested in Isner because he's not famous and has never won anything of note.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Mon 09, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jul Tue 10, 2018 3:43 am

Oh good grief!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#An overused phrase among the American conservative, but too true. "This is why Trump won"! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#The constant freaking out over things that shouldn't be. Trashing Isner for liking Trump? Was#ed_op#br#ed_cl#any player trashed for liking Obama by the same people? I'm surprised Serena hasn't been#ed_op#br#ed_cl#grilled for not taking the opportunity to bash Trump or disavow the times she met and been#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#friendly with him(hey, or even the pics she and Venus took with Reagan as children). #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Simply nonsense!

#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pyotr on Jul Tue 10, 2018 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

anishmitch
Senior
Senior

Post by anishmitch » Jul Tue 10, 2018 8:28 am

#ed_op#p#ed_cl#
#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#Wow, rowdy New York crowd.&nbsp; Please name a time, say in the past twenty years when the US Open crowd has been rowdy.&nbsp; During the times of McEnroe, Connors and Nastase, maybe, but the French Open crowd is much rowdier and demonstrative than the US Open crowd.&nbsp; Move along with the times.&nbsp; The US Open crowd is made up of some New Yorkers, but there are far more people visiting New York to see the matches and haven't been rowdy in some time.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

#ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

anishmitch
Senior
Senior

Post by anishmitch » Jul Tue 10, 2018 8:30 am

#ed_op#p#ed_cl#
#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Pyotr#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#You may want to check into political definitions?&nbsp; Please name any, any tennis players that gushed over Obama.&nbsp; As they used to say in school, the empty set, because the WS are Jehovah's Witnesses and most other players said nothing.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

#ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Drake, Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel star on Centre Court.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Tue 10, 2018 2:13 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>anishmitch</b>:</font>
Screaming, yelling, even in between 1st and 2nd serve... That doesn't happen at Wimbledon. At the French Open? yes.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Tue 10, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 10, 2018 2:21 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Plus there might be a kiss cam. Horrors!!!!