The Run to Asia
Who's got stamina???

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 Jeff in Texas: new ATP#1 (1) Graveller  Aggie Retires (4) Mytiwtiw  atp PG (2) Graveller
 PLAYER: Federer Receives ...(5) Mytiwtiw  Houston 125k (0) rex  Zhuhai - mini-YEC (6) Graveller
 London ATP Masters PGame (4) Perdida  SAFAROVA Retires (1) Mytiwtiw  Serena in Shape? (14) Pyotr
 Pre-2019 Domination (2) Mytiwtiw  Cahill leaves Halep (0) Ace2Ace  Kuzmova (3) Mytiwtiw
 SERENA, GQ (Woman) Of The...(1) Mytiwtiw  Fissette back with Azaren...(2) rex  NOVAK, New No.1. Incredib...(2) Grossefavou
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » WTA General Tennis Discussions » Wimby Day Two.....OOP Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Jul Tue 03, 2018 3:58 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22382

Nothing wrong with Collins losing. It's her first on the grass. She is learning.
Leave darling Collins alone. Smile Smile Smile What's wrong with you? lol lol

Posted: Jul Tue 03, 2018 3:59 pm       
djmm1962
Accomplished

Joined25 Jan 2009
Posts1656

Pova served for the match in the second, and was up a break twice in the third and still couldn't close it out. I could see the DF coming, lol. No Plan B, No Dope, No Win!!

Posted: Jul Tue 03, 2018 5:07 pm       Re:Wimby Day Two.....OOP
Skilletsauce
Junior

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts139

It was a typical baseline slugfest, and shriek fest, with Diatchenko able to hold her nerves together and watch as Pova self destructed. Pova was up a set and serving at 5-2 in the second to close out the match, and couldn't. As the match wore on and got tighter you could see those df's creeping into the Pova serve and her losing confidence. You could just smell that double fault coming a mile away on match point. You could almost hear Pova saying to herself as she tossed the ball up "please, just please go in the box."

Last edited by Skilletsauce on Jul Tue 03, 2018 5:08 pm;
Posted: Jul Tue 03, 2018 5:13 pm       
djmm1962
Accomplished

Joined25 Jan 2009
Posts1656

Yup, lol!!

Posted: Jul Tue 03, 2018 6:43 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5012

Kvitova choked.

Two-time champion Petra Kvitova was stunned by WTA No. 50 Aliaksandra Sasnovich, 6-4, 4-6, 6-0. (AP)

The upsets kept coming at Wimbledon on Tuesday as two-time champion Petra Kvitova, a popular pre-tournament champion pick, lost to 50th-ranked Aliaksandra Sasnovich in the first round.

Not only does Kvitova have tremendous history at Wimbledon, lifting the Venus Rosewater Dish in 2011 and 2014, but she also came into this year’s tournament as one of the hottest players in the sport, winning more WTA titles (five) and more matches (3Cool than any other player this year.

“I just didn’t feel well obviously,” Kvitova said after the match. “The nerves were there again. I don’t know. I just tried to kind of fight with myself. It was probably the biggest opponent I had today."

Posted: Jul Tue 03, 2018 6:46 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5012

No. 24 seed Maria Sharapova suffered a shocking upset on Tuesday, losing to Russian Vitalia Diatchenko in three sets, 6-7, 7-6, 6-4.

The loss was Sharapova's first in the opening round at Wimbledon in 14 appearances in her career.

Diatchenko is the No. 132 ranked player in the world, beating the 2004 Wimbledon champion in just under three hours.

Posted: Jul Tue 03, 2018 10:30 pm       Re:Wimby Day Two.....OOP
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22382

Sharapova vs Diatchenko: the replay is on ESPN. Just watched it.

Page 2 of 2  Goto page Previous  1, 2    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google