The Grass is always
Green at Wimbledon !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 A confident Osaka (2) RU90  kavanaughty (3) Graveller  US Open Draw and Results (87) Graveller
 2018 year of Maria Shara...(207) PeterSkan  Carlos Ramos at McDonald'...(1) Grossefavou  US Open SKAN (53) PeterSkan
 NAOMI Now Richest (10) Grossefavou  Novak On SERENA (60) Pyotr  Drive2Final: Quebec and H...(1) Graveller
 Serena ON Maria (0) Mytiwtiw  Guangzhou and rain? (4) CrossCourtB  PGame US Open about to ge...(11) Graveller
 Federer On SERENA (0) Grossefavou  Gauff vs Lopatetskaya: yo...(19) RU90  Overview of '18-WTA-PGame...(19) Graveller
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » WTA General Tennis Discussions » Mallorca Draw and Resuls Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:13 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22346

Yup... off the cliff. For no reason.
Maybe WADA should make Meldonium legal for ladies. It helps keep the concentration, along with endurance. Sad Sad

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:16 am;
Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:14 am       Re:Mallorca Draw and Resuls
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2947

Up 0-30, then Antonia sends 2 returns to the ball boy standing in the right corner. Eventually, loses the point to go down 0-40. The commentator doesn't know what to say, for Sevastova isn't playing lights out tennis.

Last edited by rex on Jun Thu 21, 2018 12:41 pm;
Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:17 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22346

I think she is physically depleted. Needs to get stronger.

Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:20 am       Re:Mallorca Draw and Resuls
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2947

Nah, Ace. This is merely ineptness.... Antonia is not being forced into errors. She's just generating them on her own, in addition to DFing at the wrong time....

Watched the same thing with Aiava at the French qualies. In control for a set and a half, then gave the match away. Same nonsense here.....

Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:22 am       Re:Mallorca Draw and Resuls
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2947

Sevastova wins. Antonia gift-wrapped this match.....

Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:25 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22346

yup.. it takes a lot to play push-error-free tennis, I guess.
Some girls just don't beat themselves. They'll put the balls in play. If you can hit winners, you win; otherwise you are out. lol lol

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:26 am;
Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:38 am       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2947

@ Ace2Ace:

Quote:
yup.. it takes a lot to play push-error-free tennis, I guess. Some girls just don't beat themselves. They'll put the balls in play.

Indeed, some girls don't beat themselves, but they don't by playing it "safe", like Wozniacki and Aggie, for they don't have aggressive games at all and just defend, allowing their opponent to donate the match to them, many accommodating. But, many girls do beat themselves and often, 2 that come to mind are Venus and Petra K., for we've seen them constantly losing to scrubs, players that they should beat on their way to a final, but gifted themselves to the loss. The 2 biggest wastes of talent I've seen in women's tennis, Venus "numero uno". Today is just another example in Lottner. No excuse for the collapse after basically being in control for a set and a half, same with Aiava at the French. A 180' out of nowhere. Not making the excuse for her being young. That's not going to fly with me, for Sevastova wasn't doing anything special in this match. Antonia just gifted the rest of the match away.

Stat totals:

Antonia...... 30 winners, offset by 20 donations, Sevastova just 15 and 9, respectively. C'mon.....

Last edited by rex on Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:40 am;
Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:47 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22346

Yup... I am not making the "she is still young" excuse. If a 17-year or an 18-year old can play tennis at the highest level and win a slam, a 20-year old has no excuse.

Some of those girls lack confidence. It's as if they are afraid of beating the girl across the net: they dump routine shots in the net or hit them to the spectators; they DF, knees shaking, hands trembling, for no apparent reason. It's so frustrating to watch them fall apart, losing matches they should easily put away.
And you hope they'll do better the next time? Nope.. they start well, and then, disintegrate. And you wonder WTH is going on.
Very disappointing.

Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 12:18 pm       Re:Mallorca Draw and Resuls
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2947

Indeed, Ace. Consistency is a problem on this Tour and you don't know who will show up on game day. Not good to have expectations for women's tennis, for you will be slapped hard. Today's matches were disappointing as all get out to watch. Mind-boggling stuff for a coach, watching these girls fall apart for no reason. Hercog was ridiculous. What Lottner did today was inexplicable. Muguruza gets whipped by Strycova.....smh.

Off-topic:

Eastbourne qualies is out. Kuzmova isn't playing and neither is Lottner. In the draw is Taylor as a #4 seed, playing Konjuh. I just want to laugh....

Good that the NBA draft is tonight. A positive in seeing young men realize their dreams. Need an alternative sporting event to offset what I witnessed today in women's tennis.

Posted: Jun Thu 21, 2018 12:56 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22346

And some of those NBA guys are 19, 20 ... but you watch them and you go wow. These kids are ready for the big show.

Konjuh showed up at the French Open to collect her paycheck. She was horrible. Maybe 2 more weeks of rest will help. I have no idea.

As for Taylor, someone may have forced her to get out of ITF and join the ladies. Not sure if her heart is in it. She'd rather play in the middle of corn fields with barely anyone watching.
I think she wish she were ranked 400+. Then no one would bother her with WTA tournaments. Smile Smile

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Thu 21, 2018 1:27 pm;
Posted: Jun Sun 24, 2018 3:00 pm       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12485
LocationAntwerp - Belgium

Maria wins the title (no Twit, not THAT Mara), and CrosscourtBH wins a first PGame title!!

Well done!

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"
Posted: Jun Sun 24, 2018 6:38 pm       
CrossCourtBH
Regular

Joined21 Aug 2015
Posts82

Hi all, great posts & reviews of play etc.

Hi Graveller, thanks!

Yes first tournament win -
quite a surprise
(& last at Queens)

Posted: Jun Sun 24, 2018 7:48 pm       Re:Mallorca Draw and Resuls
Jeff in Texas
Novice

Joined23 May 2015
Posts25

Congratulations Crosscourt, on that first victory. You never forget raising your first trophy (well, ok you might, but still...) Smile

Posted: Jun Tue 26, 2018 6:00 pm       
CrossCourtBH
Regular

Joined21 Aug 2015
Posts82

Thanks Jeff in Texas - as you recently said - would be great if won in real terms - lol - beginners luck? still I'll take this and imagine hoisting the trophy.

Page 2 of 2  Goto page Previous  1, 2    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Shenzhen
ATP Chengdu

WTA Tashkent
WTA Wuhan

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google