PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Mallorca Draw and Resuls

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:25 am

yup.. it takes a lot to play push-error-free tennis, I guess.
Some girls just don't beat themselves. They'll put the balls in play. If you can hit winners, you win; otherwise you are out. lol lol
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:38 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
yup.. it takes a lot to play push-error-free tennis, I guess. Some girls just don't beat themselves. They'll put the balls in play.
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Indeed, some girls don't beat themselves, but they don't by playing it "safe", like Wozniacki and Aggie, for they don't have aggressive games at all and just defend, allowing their opponent to donate the match to them, many accommodating. But, many girls do beat themselves and often, 2 that come to mind are Venus and Petra K., for we've seen them constantly losing to scrubs, players that they should beat on their way to a final, but gifted themselves to the loss. The 2 biggest wastes of talent I've seen in women's tennis, Venus "numero uno". Today is just another example in Lottner. No excuse for the collapse after basically being in control for a set and a half, same with Aiava at the French. A 180' out of nowhere. Not making the excuse for her being young. That's not going to fly with me, for Sevastova wasn't doing anything special in this match. Antonia just gifted the rest of the match away. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Stat totals: #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Antonia...... 30 winners, offset by 20 donations, Sevastova just 15 and 9, respectively. C'mon.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl#.#ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Sad/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 21, 2018 11:47 am

Yup... I am not making the "she is still young" excuse. If a 17-year or an 18-year old can play tennis at the highest level and win a slam, a 20-year old has no excuse.

Some of those girls lack confidence. It's as if they are afraid of beating the girl across the net: they dump routine shots in the net or hit them to the spectators; they DF, knees shaking, hands trembling, for no apparent reason. It's so frustrating to watch them fall apart, losing matches they should easily put away.
And you hope they'll do better the next time? Nope.. they start well, and then, disintegrate. And you wonder WTH is going on.
Very disappointing.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Mallorca Draw and Resuls

Post by rex » Jun Thu 21, 2018 12:18 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Indeed, Ace. Consistency is a problem on this Tour and you don't know who will show up on game day. Not good to have expectations for women's tennis, for you will be slapped hard. Today's matches were disappointing as all get out to watch. Mind-boggling stuff for a coach, watching these girls fall apart for no reason. Hercog was ridiculous. What Lottner did today was inexplicable. Muguruza gets whipped by Strycova.....smh.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Off-topic:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Eastbourne qualies is out. Kuzmova isn't playing and neither is Lottner. In the draw is Taylor as a #4 seed, playing Konjuh. I just want to laugh....#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Good that the NBA draft is tonight. A positive in seeing young men realize their dreams. Need an alternative sporting event to offset what I witnessed today in women's tennis. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 21, 2018 12:56 pm

And some of those NBA guys are 19, 20 ... but you watch them and you go wow. These kids are ready for the big show.

Konjuh showed up at the French Open to collect her paycheck. She was horrible. Maybe 2 more weeks of rest will help. I have no idea.

As for Taylor, someone may have forced her to get out of ITF and join the ladies. Not sure if her heart is in it. She'd rather play in the middle of corn fields with barely anyone watching.
I think she wish she were ranked 400+. Then no one would bother her with WTA tournaments. :) :)
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Thu 21, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Sun 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Maria wins the title (no Twit, not THAT Mara), and CrosscourtBH wins a first PGame title!!

Well done!
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jun Sun 24, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi all, great posts & reviews of play etc.

Hi Graveller, thanks!

Yes first tournament win -
quite a surprise
(& last at Queens)

Jeff in Texas
Regular
Regular

Re:Mallorca Draw and Resuls

Post by Jeff in Texas » Jun Sun 24, 2018 7:48 pm

Congratulations Crosscourt, on that first victory. You never forget raising your first trophy (well, ok you might, but still...) :)

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jun Tue 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Thanks Jeff in Texas - as you recently said - would be great if won in real terms - lol - beginners luck? still I'll take this and imagine hoisting the trophy.