Tournaments this week

Mallorca Draw and Resuls

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Mallorca Draw and Resuls

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sun 17, 2018 12:56 pm

[1] Garcia vs Hsieh#ed_op#br#ed_cl#(Q) J.Larsson vs Cirstea#ed_op#br#ed_cl#(Q) S.Kenin vs Kozlova#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Van Uytvanck vs [8] Sabalenka#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#[4] Kontaveit vs Maria#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Witthoeft vs [wc] Schiavone#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Krunic vs Azarenka#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[wc] Kostyuk vs [7] Safarova#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#--------- Bottom Half --------#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#[6] Collins vs (Q) R.Peterson #ed_op#br#ed_cl#(Q) A.Tomljanovic vs Linette#ed_op#br#ed_cl#(Q) A.Lottner  vs Sasnovich#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[wc] Kuznetsova vs [3] Sevastova#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#[5] Suarez Navarro vs [wc] Arruabarrena#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Stosur vs Vondrousova#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Hercog vs (Q) V.Kuzmova #ed_op#br#ed_cl#(Q) A.Riske  vs [2] Kerber
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Mon 18, 2018 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Mallorca Draw and Resuls

Post by rex » Jun Mon 18, 2018 10:27 am

<i>Kuzmova lost to Kenin in the final day of qualies, while Lottner won to advance to the maindraw. However, Flipkens withdrew, Viktoria was elevated to the maindraw as LL and will face Pelona Hercog. I hope that their match is delayed 'til Wednesday, she needs a day off to recharge and relax.

</i>
Last edited by rex on Jun Mon 18, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Mon 18, 2018 10:38 am

Yeah.. it was hard to play SF one day, run the same day to the next tournament, unpack and get ready to play another match the next day.
But that happens quite often to lower ranked players. They don't have the luxury of BYEs.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 19, 2018 9:16 am

How does Kuzmova win a TB? I am not watching but thinking she is probably spraying the returns like in her SF match. Got to put the returns back in play. :) :)

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Tue 19, 2018 10:43 am

Bad day of tennis for Kuzmova. Six matches in consecutive days took its toll. Had a chance to finish the lst set on serve and capitulated. Bad decision- making on many returns, citing attempts on mishits hit in the air and, instead of letting these returns bounce then finish, she elected to hit them in flight and netted them inside the service line every time. Low balls were badly returned, bending over and just reaching by lunging instead of moving her body into position to return, resulted in shots barely getting to the service line, let alone the net. Lot of bad errors (hitting long) and Pelona exploiting her with droppers and dictating the rallies for the most part. Didn't have it today physically, and game-wise......

If she's not playing qualies for Eastbourne, then she'll have ample rest for Wimby and, hopefully, a good draw.....

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 19, 2018 10:56 am

The missed returns are a real problem. Coach needs to work on it. Can't give away that many points.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 19, 2018 3:44 pm

[1] Garcia vs (Q) J.Larsson
(Q) S.Kenin vs Van Uytvanck
Maria vs Witthoeft
Azarenka vs [7] Safarova

--------- Bottom Half --------

(Q) R.Peterson vs (Q) A.Tomljanovic
(Q) A.Lottner vs [3] Sevastova

[wc] Arruabarrena vs Stosur
Hercog vs [(Q) A.Riske vs [2] Kerber]

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Wed 20, 2018 8:03 am

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Kerber lost to Riske. Of note, some PGamers picked Angie to win this event. Maybe, they want to reconsider Riske v Hercog. If so, now's the time to do so ere the bottom half of the draw begins. The top-half has started.....

#ed_op#/i#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Thu 21, 2018 10:22 am

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Lottner takes the lst set from Sevastova, 6-1. Don't know if she'll prevail here in the 2nd, going by some bad tennis I've seen today from the ladies. However, if she continues to play the quality of tennis she's played the lst set, it looks promising. This girl reminds me a lot of Venus, playing at her best. A very good talent, severely underranked.....

#ed_op#/i#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 21, 2018 10:38 am

6-1 in the first.. That's pretty lopsided. And up a break 3-2.
Must be doing something great.