The Grass is always
Green at Wimbledon !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 Mallorca Draw and Resuls (6) Ace2Ace  Pre Wimbledon — to quit o...(0) Mytiwtiw  BECKER:I'm African (0) Grossefavou
 Birmingham Draw and Resul...(5) Ace2Ace  Netherlands...maindraw... (64) rex  Maria still 2018 (34) Mytiwtiw
 2018 year of Maria Shara...(168) Mytiwtiw  Nottingham (20) Ace2Ace  SERENA 449th In The World (6) Grossefavou
 Aiava (3) Ace2Ace  Sad day for Birmingham, M...(5) Mytiwtiw  2018 ITF General talks (64) rex
 PATRICK Finds His Next SE...(2) Grossefavou  Overview of '18-WTA-PGame...(15) Jeff in Tex  BARTOLI Retires..Again! (0) Grossefavou
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » All Tennis: Mixed » BARTOLI Retires..Again!
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Jun Wed 13, 2018 9:02 am       BARTOLI Retires..Again!
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4690

Marion Bartoli: Former Wimbledon champion ends plan to return to tennis

Bartoli, 33, retired six weeks after winning Wimbledon in 2013 and three years later contracted an unknown virus that caused dramatic weight loss and left her "fearing for her life".

But in December she announced she intended to return to the WTA Tour.

"To my dismay I must unfortunately stop my comeback attempt," the Frenchwoman wrote on Twitter.

"The necessary increase of training doses to try to find my best level caused pain again to my right shoulder, which become incompatible with a recovery at the highest level.

"I want to thank everyone who accompanied me on this wonderful human adventure. I will now take the time to reflect on the various professional projects available to me.

"Nevertheless, I have a deep desire to transmit all that the very high level has taught me, and I therefore want to invest myself in the training of a player to help her maximise her potential."

Bartoli, who worked as a commentator during the French Open, had initially targeted the Miami Open in March for a return before switching her efforts to the American hard-court season this summer.

She won eight WTA titles and reached a career-high world ranking of seventh in 2012. She was also Wimbledon runner-up in 2007.

Bartoli won her first Grand Slam at the 47th attempt - the longest wait in women's tennis - by beating Germany's Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4 in the final.

Page 1 of 1      
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Halle
ATP London

WTA Mallorca
WTA Birmingham

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google