Netherlands...maindraw...

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
rex
Commish
Commish
Netherlands...maindraw...

Post by rex » Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:06 pm

#ed_op#table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" align="center" border="0"#ed_cl##ed_op#tbody#ed_cl##ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed" valign="top" width="50%"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#C.Vandeweghe/A.Sasnovich vs. A.Rus/E.Alexandrova #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#T.Maria/A.Riske vs. F.Stollar/S.Zhang #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#A.Kontaveit/V.Kudermetova vs. B.Bencic/M.Linette #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#C.Witthoeft/B.Schoofs vs. V.Grammatikopoulou/A.Krunic #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl# #ed_op#td class="genmed" valign="top" width="50%"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#   A.Sabalenka/A.Vondrousova vs. Kr.Pliskova/A.Tomljanovi #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#   A.Kalinskaya/K.Flipkens vs. N.Vikhlyantseva/K.Bertens #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#   A.Vanuytvanck/R.Hogenkamp vs. M.Melnikova/V.Kuzmova #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#   A.Blinkova/A.Lottner vs. P.Hercog/E.Mertens#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#/tbody#ed_cl##ed_op#/table#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Netherlands...maindraw...

Post by rex » Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:10 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Wouldv'e picked Viktoria to win this event. However, given the competition and her lack of WTA experience at the moment, I'd be rushing the talented one at this point. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Yet, at the same time next year, including the same competition reflected in this draw, she'd be my pick for the PGame. Such is my belief for this talent.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:18 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

Going for Mertens as uWP: been quite successful with her as uWP...

And this year on WTA I only seem to do well in small events. So I will take uWP pick in the small events..
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:57 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Agreed that Elise does well in the Int'ls w/o question and for this event she appears to be the favorite, tho' only because Coco, who is the best player in this draw, can go off the rails against anyone, beats herself a lot, making herself suspect even at a 250k event. Further, I think my girl, Viktoria, can handle Elise if they meet. So, I'm leaving my uWP blank.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jun Sun 10, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Mon 11, 2018 9:15 am

Wouldv'e picked Viktoria to win this event. However, given the competition and her lack of WTA experience at the moment, I'd be rushing the talented one at this point. 
I like her HC game. Not sure how she plays on Grass. If her match is early in the morning, I'll try to watch.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Mon 11, 2018 10:52 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Schedule is out for Tuesday. Viktoria's match is a 4 a.m. start (11 a.m. in the Netherlands). I'll read about it.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Mon 11, 2018 10:55 am

Me too. The only player that can get me up at 4 AM is the Queen of Wakanda (and that also depends on who she is playing).
For everyone else, I'll check the scoreboard. Sorry girls. 

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Tue 12, 2018 9:05 am

Did not see any tennis so far, but good to see that Bencic won her R1 in straight sets. Flipkens (as expected) with a strong performance into R2 too...

Expected more from Vondrousova here; she bageled Sabalenka in set#1n but still managed to lose.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Tue 12, 2018 11:04 am

Good that Viktoria's match with Allison is on at a reasonable hour:

http://wtafiles.wtatennis.com/pdf/draws/2018/822/OP.pdf

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 12, 2018 11:24 am

Kuzmova's road to the SF:
Van U/Lottner,Mertens/Sabalenka,Tomlj,Flipkens,Bertens/

Got to beat Van U.
Then the winner of Lottner/Mertens
Then the survivor of Sabalenka,Tomlj,Flipkens,Bertens

If she can get through that, she will be competitive in the last 2 matches. Because that's a hell of challenge for her, at this stage in her career.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Tue 12, 2018 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.