Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 08, 2018 8:30 am

Rafa, how about now? Impressed or not?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 08, 2018 10:29 am

“First of all, he [Nadal] has to win today. It's still very early in the match. But he's a big favourite against everybody,” Thiem said.

“Still, I know how to play against him. I have a plan.

“If it's going to be him on Sunday, I will try everything that my plan also going to work out a little bit here and not only in Madrid or in Rome.”

Thiem already has two clay-court wins over Nadal: once at the Rome Masters in 2017 and at the Madrid Masters last month.

“If I want to beat him, I have to play that way like I did in Rome and in Madrid,” Thiem continued.

“But I'm also aware that here it's tougher. He likes the conditions more here than in Madrid, for sure. Best of five is also different story.

“I think also a good thing is that I faced him already twice here.”

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 08, 2018 11:18 am

Well, it's on now, Rafa v. Dominic. Time to put up or shut up for sure. A lot of smack from both players. No shade, just slay.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jun Fri 08, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Yannick Noah, the last Frenchman to win a Grand Slam title, at Roland Garros in 1983 told CNN, perhaps a little trickery would teach these deep returners a lesson.

"I would serve underarm every time and hit only drop shots," Noah said. "And if he's at the net, I'd hit it at him. You have to try something."

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 08, 2018 1:31 pm

"If Rafa plays at this level and is healthy, it will be very difficult to stop him winning this tournament," said Del Potro.

"He's too strong and he's improving his backhand a lot. He looks fresh and he's healthy.

"And the strength that he has and the mentally, everything is perfect, works perfect for him playing in clay."

"I had a lot of break points but I couldn't make it," said Del Potro. "Rafa served well and he made me run a lot.

"The intensity was too high the whole match, and I couldn't stay there. He deserved to win."
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jun Fri 08, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Sat 09, 2018 3:42 pm

"I have a very difficult match against a player that is playing great," 16-time Grand Slam winner Nadal said.

"I know I have to play my best if I want to have chances.

"Sunday is the day to give my best, is the day to increase even a little bit more the level."