Tournaments this week

OOP....Sat...Paris....June 2, 2018

All Tennis, All the Time
rex
Commish
Commish
Re:OOP....Sat...Paris....June 2, 2018

Post by rex » Jun Sat 02, 2018 12:51 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Mike Tyson in the house watching Serena....

#ed_op#/i#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sat 02, 2018 4:28 pm

I was so distracted during the matches today but wow, isn't Serena amazing?

GrosseFav, I told you Serena is playing GREAT tennis.
The serve, the return, the movement, the ground strokes, the fighting spirit... ALL is in place.
Her draw has been nothing but brutal. Every player she faced was serving very well. No pushers that land the ball in the box to start the points: 15 aces from Pliskova; 11 from Julia and 3 from Barty.
Serena withstood that barrage of monster serves with a top class return game.

As I told you, the only really danger is Muguruza. If Serena can find a solution to that girl's game in this read dirt, Serena will win. She's got to find a way to get Muguruza out of the way. That girl is the only player standing between Serena and the trophy here in my opinion.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Sat 02, 2018 9:59 pm

“I think nothing was working for me and on the other side I think she was playing very well, hitting all the balls pretty deep. I didn’t have any chances – I had some chances but there weren’t many of them,” Pliskova said after the match.

“I think it was one of the worse matches this year from me…

“I don’t think I played well here throughout this tournament, not even any practice, not even any warm-up, not even any match. And this is the result.”

Pliskova expects to head back home to Monaco before shifting her focus to the grass season and joked, “I don’t want to see any courts, not even grass courts” for a while.