PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

BARTY: Serena Is Toast

All Tennis, All the Time
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » May Thu 31, 2018 3:11 pm

I expect her to beat Gorges but Pliskova Sr. or Maria?

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 31, 2018 3:15 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
I expect her to beat Gorges but Pliskova Sr. or Maria?
#ed_op#/span#ed_cl#Sharapova's been broken multiple times by anyone. How many times is she going to lose serve against Serena? And how many times is she going to break the Queen of Wakanda's serve? #ed_op#/div#ed_cl#Once you have the answers to these questions, you know the result of that encounter. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Not even sure Pova can beat Ka.Pliskova.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 31, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » May Thu 31, 2018 3:19 pm

I think Barty outlined the blueprint above for toppling Ree. Which player will execute for 2 sets, that's the question.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on May Thu 31, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 31, 2018 3:35 pm

That blueprint is not new. They all know.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#It's one thing to talk about it; it's another to execute it. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#And by the way, while they are pouring over their blueprint, Serena is going over hers to.. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 31, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » May Thu 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Still effective. Ree was out of sorts in the first.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:BARTY: Serena Is Toast

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 31, 2018 5:35 pm

#ed_op#blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"#ed_cl##ed_op#p dir="ltr" lang="en"#ed_cl#A pleasure sharing the court with you, Champion. #ed_op#a href="https://t.co/12632USfey"#ed_cl#pic.twit ... p#/p#ed_cl#— Ash Barty (@ashbar96) #ed_op#a href="https://twitter.com/ashbar96/status/100 ... #ed_cl#May 31, 2018#ed_op#/a#ed_cl##ed_op#/blockquote#ed_cl##ed_op#script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"#ed_cl##ed_op#/script#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 31, 2018 6:03 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Grossefavourite#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# 
Still effective. Ree was out of sorts in the first.
Sorry to disagree. Serena was ON. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#How did she solve the Barty slice challenge if she was not ON? #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#After she went down 0-1 in the second set, watch the next game. That game 1 alone shows all the adjustment she made off the ground. Watch how she gets down low to pick up Barty's deadly slices. If she was not on, she would have been defeated because she won't have had the energy and the mind to adjust mid match.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I love what she did.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#The lady is a legend!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 31, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 01, 2018 8:26 am

French Open: Serena Williams says she can be better than before pregnancy break

"I'm probably not where I was before I left," said the 23-time major winner.

I felt like in the first set I didn't play bad - I just didn't make any shots

Williams added: "I felt like in the first set I didn't play bad. I just didn't make any shots. So I guess it is bad. But I had all the right ideas, like coming to the net and hitting all my shots. They just weren't going in.

"For me, that was kind of like a positive thing, because it wasn't like I was playing the ultimate match. I was just making so many errors.

"I thought I've got to cut down on the errors, and I've just got to come out here and fight. And that's what I did."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/44324918
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jun Fri 01, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Sat 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Oh boy Maria is next.