OOP....Tues.....Paris...5/29/18

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re:OOP....Tues.....Paris...5/29/18

Post by Ace2Ace » May Tue 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Serena on her outfit:
"I feel like a warrior in it, like a warrior princess kind of, (a) queen from Wakanda.
I'm always living in a fantasy world. I always wanted to be a superhero, and it's kind of my way of being a superhero.
I feel like a superhero when I wear it."

LOL @ Queen from Wakanda.
I wonder how many times she watched that movie. :)
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Tue 29, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » May Tue 29, 2018 3:23 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#
I like Barty too. But Serena's serve was tested today. She knew she had to serve or go home. A real shooting contest it was.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I believe this was good practice. Her serve will only get better. Once she trusts the serve, she will up her returns. Deadly combination.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Got to see this Replay of this shootout. Smile
#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Serena's serve has always been good, but returning from childbirth and not playing awhile it indeed lapsed since and showed at IW and Miami. She has recovered same but against a player who is known for having her own good serve, which was borne out by match stats today. Yet, liked Serena attempting droppers today to expose the lack of movement of both Pliskova sisters but she wasn't successful at all in her execution but it was good attempts. Yet, Ashleigh will drop Serena herself and expose Serena's movement, which wasn't that good, coupled with her mediocre-to-less-than mediocre net play on short balls. She's not going to serve 60 aces to offset those issues. Not holding it against Serena, for she's just returning, plus being 37 years of age now. Yet, we'll see how it unfolds and how Ashleigh reacts to playing Serena on Chatrier, I suspect.... Looking forward to the encounter, Serena prevailing, in addition to liking the outfit......nice.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on May Wed 30, 2018 6:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » May Tue 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Williams also said the outfit helped her cope with the issue of blood clots, which she revealed, in February, almost cost her life.

"I had a lot of problems with those - I don't know how many I have had in the past 12 months," she said. "It definitely has little functionality to it.

"It's a fun suit, but it's also functional so I'm able to play without any problems."

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Tue 29, 2018 6:23 pm

I finally got a chance to watch every point of the match. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#What's everyone talking about?? #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Serena looks great in that outfit. That's the behind God gave her and she is doing wonder with it. LOL LOL LOL... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#She plays great, moves very well and is competing. This is vintage Serena playing someone that is serving like Isner. Pliskova's mighty serve is also helped by the fact that she is lefty.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#How many lefties left in the draw that can do what Pliskova was doing? NONE.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I am very pleased with what I see here. The only competition left in the draw is Muguruza. She gives Serena trouble on this court. The rest, Serena will knock them down one after the other playing like this.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Oh my GOD !!!!!! She is BACK!!! And looks FINE !!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fbBvxF9dt1M?rel=0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"#ed_cl##ed_op#/iframe#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Tue 29, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Wed 30, 2018 6:25 pm

I hate this French Open.. Not only we are not getting the transcripts from the press conference, they disable every video. Why don't they borrow money from the Australian Open if they are so broke?
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Wed 30, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.