Tournaments this week

Live Draw.....Paris ladies

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 24, 2018 2:26 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

She does make errors tho' and has lapses at times on returns, just stands there and watches
the lapses are not just on returns.. When she is spraying, it's all over the court: returns, backhands, forehands, serves; everything sales long; the court becomes too small. :) :)
The good thing is, she can stop doing that. Sometimes it's too late. She is not like Giorgi. When Giorgi is spraying, there is no stop sign anywhere. lol lol
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 24, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Live Draw.....Paris ladies

Post by rex » May Thu 24, 2018 2:28 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

I think those 2 are in the draw to get their $40K paychecks. They are not in tennis form but are ranked high enough to be in the main draw. So unless one is lying on a hospital bed, showing up makes all sense. Same for Safarova. $40k is a lot of money for 1 match.
Don't disagree here as I realize how difficult it is to earning a living playing tennis. Your biggest payouts come at the Slams, 40k is more than what a player earns winning an international event on the Tour, playing 5 matches. At least I saw Ana K. on the practice court recently after surgery, but haven't seen Belinda do any tennis-related activity. So, they'll play, go through the motions and get paid..... I understand and don't blame them....

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 24, 2018 2:31 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>
 yes.. remember when they started calling Sharapova Queen of Clay while Serena was not around.
Serena came back and stopped her cold. Pova couldn't win a clay event. Serena was the one winning the Clay tournaments; defeated her in French Open too.
I was asking why Serena was not crowned Queen of Clay.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 24, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 24, 2018 2:33 pm

No.. I don't blame them either.. If I were in that situation, I'd show up to grab my well deserved paycheck too. Of course.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 24, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » May Thu 24, 2018 2:33 pm

&lt;font color=brown&gt;@ &lt;b&gt;Ace2Ace&lt;/b&gt;:&lt;/font&gt;#ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
the lapses are not just on returns.. When she is spraying, it's all over the court: returns, backhands, forehands, serves; everything sales long; the court becomes too small. Smile Smile
The good thing is, she can stop doing that. Sometimes it's too late. She is not like Giorgi. When Giorgi is spraying, there is no stop sign anywhere. lol lol
#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#However, Viktoria is not reckless, have not seen her play a ragged match. There are just some lapses at this point that she can clearly play and mature out of. Not a finished product at this point. However, if she's still playing recklessly like Kvitova at age 27, then there is a point of concern. Give her a chance to grow up...... :wink:
Last edited by rex on May Fri 25, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Agree. She is not reckless. She is a pretty smart player.. She just has those spells of recklessness. But as I said above, the spell doesn't last. Many times she's of a sudden risen from 2-5, 1-4 to hit winners and aces and win the set.
Sometimes it's just too late. 

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » May Thu 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Just the ups and downs of a young player, a part of their evolution.....

Btw, are you off suspension at the TF, where you can now open up shop for the Skan?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » May Thu 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Definitely. Your career can end at any time.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » May Fri 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Ace was banned on TF?? LOL!!

I have no idea about my SkanCan picks!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Sat 26, 2018 7:44 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#djmm1962#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#&nbsp;Just add Edmund, Isner, Townsend and Collins.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#There, you got some help. Enjoy !!!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#