Tournaments this week

2018 Charleston draw and results

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Fri 06, 2018 10:29 am

Think I am jinxing Kasatkina...

Started watching at *2-1 40-30 Kasatkina.... seven points later (all won by Goerges), it is *2-3...

Darya playing crap tennis in those 7 ponits. Nothing on het shots, weak serve, weak defense.

And Goerges playing well too.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Fri 06, 2018 10:32 am

Better now... 3-3...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Fri 06, 2018 10:33 am

That her normal game. Weak serve, weak ground strokes.. once in a blue moon, she strikes a sitter, when she should be putting those away most of the times. She is got the skills to do it.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Apr Fri 06, 2018 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Fri 06, 2018 10:34 am

But no worry. Julia makes too many Unforced Errors... some of them just stupid.
Kasat will be alright. She is playing Julia Goerges who will gift her the most needed crucial points. I would be surprised if Julia doesn't lose. lol lol
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Apr Fri 06, 2018 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Fri 06, 2018 10:46 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# 5-4 on serve for Goerges...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Based on the 6 games that I saw, give Goerges more chances to win this match.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Last service game by Daria was OK.  More of that please!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Fri 06, 2018 10:51 am

Goerges wins the first set 6-4; totally deserved that set.

This match looks like the end of the line for Kasatkina. Way to sloppy, and most of her shots do not hurt her opponent. You can't win like that.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Fri 06, 2018 10:56 am

we talked about this so many times. Her coach even talked about it during OCC.
Kasat has the shots to hurt. But she won't use them.
Julia shouldn't feel any pressure at all.. should just step up to the loopy balls and put them away. But she won't.. she'll hit the easiest balls to the crowd..... lol

I my book, she shouldn't lose to Kasatkina who can't hurt her.

I am not convinced yet Julia will win... I don't trust her consistency. And you need consistency to beat Kasatkina.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Apr Fri 06, 2018 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Fri 06, 2018 11:42 am

I was only following the scoreboard... But I am sure Julia made this match more complicated with some horrible Unforced Errors... Some of the balls she misses are ridiculous. If her coach can clean up her game, she would be very dangerous to play. Big serve. Big ground strokes. Drop shots and volleys.. She got it all. But it's hard to put it together in matches every day.

If one watches Kasatkina's previous match, one would see the consistency. It's the same game, win or lose. When she has a ball basher at the other end of the net, she looks like the Mozart of tennis. But another type of player will make that game look ITF.

Girl got to use the tools she has, instead of leaving them at the hotel. Kasatkina has a big serve and big forehand that can do damage; but rarely uses them.

Edit: Just found the stats... look at the winners. lol.. I am sure Julia missed a ton of sitters too.

Julia only allowed 1 Break Point. 9 aces to 0 DF... That's a serving clinic.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Apr Fri 06, 2018 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Fri 06, 2018 3:02 pm

I am even surprised that Darya made 8 winners... somehow she was simply not able to put anything on the ball.
Oh well, move on to Bogota (she is the top seed there) and start getting a decent strategy for clay.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Fri 06, 2018 3:54 pm

Just heard she dropped out of Bogota.