PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Indian Wells: Wednesday March 7

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Thu 08, 2018 12:09 am

Naomi lacks killer instinct. Should have won 6-1 6-3.
Pova is a shell of her former self. I say give the woman her medication back.
When someone has heart condition and potential diabetes, you don't take away her latvian medication. That's unfair.
Voila.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Thu 08, 2018 12:57 am

Woke up to see the Queen of Unjustified WC’s being knocked out.

Yes, Mr.Tournament Director, there were many promising youngsters who would have made better use of that WC . But no, you insisted on joining the club of people who think that the users of forbidden substances should be given preferential treatment.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Re:Indian Wells: Wednesday March 7

Post by BJM123 » Mar Thu 08, 2018 1:11 am

AAArrrggghhh another prediction of mine gone bad!!!! But I'm glad. Maria can't seem to really win against quality opponents. That being said: If Osaka wants to go further, she has to develop killer instinct and greater mental capacity. But she completely outhit Maria.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Mar Thu 08, 2018 10:07 am

Given how little Maria has trained in the last few weeks, I thought she played pretty decent. I like how she was hitting the ball in comparison to previous matches I've seen this year. She got off to a slow start in both sets, which didn't help, but she worked her way back into it. She had a lot of chances in the 2nd set, but it's apparent that she's struggling with injury and low confidence. She needs some good wins. Credit to Osaka who kept it all together and kept fighting when it got tight.

I think she'll do decent on clay though. She's have more time to set up shots and most of her opponents lack experience on clay/don't move as well.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Mar Thu 08, 2018 10:08 am

Osaka has SO MUCH talent. Sometimes I really feel like I'm looking at mini Serena. If she could take just a drop of what Serena has, she'll be very good and very dangerous. She's a superb athlete and has a great game. Mentally she's pretty solid and steady also.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Mar Thu 08, 2018 10:11 am

#ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#Hot off the presses from Mr. Tournament Director: "When they can put butts in the seats come and see me. Until then......" #ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/45.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Thu 08, 2018 10:29 am

Osaka is trying to project confidence and mental strength but I'm not sold. She seems fragile.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Thu 08, 2018 10:30 am

Maria's medicine cabinet needs replenishing and not just with Meldo because I'm convinced she was on other stuff. It's the Russian way, clearly.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Mar Thu 08, 2018 1:42 pm

I think Naomi handled herself very well. It's not easy to play perfect or amazing every game of a match at this level.

In the end, she still closed out the match in straight sets and she never played "badly" or gave very many free points to Maria. She actually played very well in the tight/important moments which is what matters.

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Mar Thu 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Osaka doesn't have killer instinct and that's what's been holding her back against these top players. She has the talent but not the mental outlook. Even still, she was destroying Maria almost at will.