Commish
Commish
IW WTA Main Draw

Post by Graveller » Mar Mon 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Crap draw,,,
R2: Bencic vs Ostapenko
R2: Kasatkina vs Siniakova

R3: Serena vs Venus
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Mon 05, 2018 5:48 pm

More crap:
R1: Osaka vs Sharapova (and the winner gets Radwanska in R2)
R2: Van Uytvanck vs Kvitova
R2: Barty vs Vekic/Sakkari
R2: Barthel vs Svitolina
R2: Azarenka vs Stephens
Last edited by Graveller on Mar Mon 05, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:IW WTA Main Draw

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Top Half:

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Bottom half

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Mar Mon 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Grav,

I disagree. This is a great draw! A great draw is one in which the best players ARE actually playing each other. I want to see these matchups.

I'm excited for IW. I think it'll be a very good tournament.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Mon 05, 2018 8:34 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#It may be crap the match-ups early here, but it's the best competition for either your premier events or premier mandatory, unlike the Slams. I, for one, value these events in terms of the competition more so than the Slams because everyone gets a competitive match in the lst with a reputable player, if not, no later than the 2nd rd. Example, Petra K. had better competition in winning Doha than Wozniacki winning the AO (Caro's draw wasn't worth spit). Makes for an interesting event from opening day. Looking forward to it. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#No doubt, tho', I don't like Naomi meeting 'Pova in the lst, but the draw does not leave one guessing and thinking fixed draws like one can do the Slams, especially with 'Pova in the mix. Other matches, as you note, Jello v Belinda B. is a potential match I'm definitely watching, Vika v Sloane, a potentially interesting match, if she gets by Heather, tho' I'm expecting nothing from Azarenka at this point (especially looking physically too thin and gaunt, just like she did in losing badly to Konjuh in Mallorca last year), Kasatkina v Siniakova, Mona v Svitolina, a potential match-up Mona can win if she comes to play, but that is a big "if" for her, for she can easily lose to Cepede Royg in the lst preempting that match. Yet, these are good matches for the early rounds and it bodes well for Miami, as well. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#With the men's event hurting badly via withdrawals for name-recognized players such as, Rafa, Stan the Man, Andy, Jo Willy, Gasquet and maybe Novak, the ladies have the better draw for this event this year. Hopefully, the attendance will bear this out. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Mar Mon 05, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Tue 06, 2018 1:12 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>93tennisroyalty</b>:</font>

Wuth ‘crap’, I mean that a lot of the players that I am interested in, meet each other early (or face a difficult opponent).

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Tue 06, 2018 1:16 am

I see that they mixed up Karolina and Krystina Pliskova in the draw: Krystina got a R1 bye, And Karolina vs Halep in R2... I assume that it is the other way around.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 06, 2018 11:27 am

Serena vs Diyas
Diyas is the kind of opponent Serena shouldn't face for her first match. Serena would have been better off playing a ball basher.. She needed someone that makes tons of UEs because rusty Serena will make a ton of Us herself. lol lol...

Facing someone like Diyas that barely gives any point away is a tricky situation here.
How is she going to get all those points back if she is not hitting buckets of aces and winners.

Crossing fingers.
Do what you can to beat Diyas. She won't give you any free point. Good luck !!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 06, 2018 11:45 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>
I see that they mixed up Karolina and Krystina Pliskova in the draw: Krystina got a R1 bye, And Karolina vs Halep in R2... I assume that it is the other way around. 
Yup.. Those are the same dudes that buy tickets to go see Cirstea and Svitolina in New York. I bet they never heard those names. :)
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 06, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.