The Grass is always
Green at Wimbledon !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 WHO Is Alexis Castorri? (4) Grossefavou  MOVAK, Kerber Linked (0) Grossefavou  SERENA 449th In The World (11) Ace2Ace
 USO Prize Money for 2018 (4) Graveller  Ladies' Final (10) Ace2Ace  Players' interviews, etc (13) Grossefavou
 SERENA Choked? (7) Ace2Ace  Hope Trump-Lover ISNER Lo...(118) djmm1962  Finally, Serena (4) Ace2Ace
 2018 ITF General talks (68) Ace2Ace  ROJAY Weeps, Inconsolable (5) Grossefavou  Wimbledon 2nd Week:Tuesda...(34) Grossefavou
 SERENA'S Match Delayed. W...(12) Ace2Ace  Wimbledon WTA Draw (47) Ace2Ace  Giorgi Post-Match? (9) Grossefavou
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » All Tennis: Mixed » BARTOLI: I Can Dominate The Current Players
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Mar Fri 02, 2018 2:59 pm       BARTOLI: I Can Dominate The Current Players
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4850

After years in the wilderness, Marion Bartoli returns to tennis with a new-found purpose in life

It is nearly five years since Marion Bartoli played a competitive match but the 33-year-old Frenchwoman is confident that she can make a successful return to the top.

“I don’t think the level of tennis now is so much better than when I won Wimbledon in 2013,” Bartoli told The Independent. “It might have improved a little bit, but I think I can match that.”

Bartoli, who retired just weeks after winning her only Grand Slam title, has been back in training since October and will make her first public on-court appearance on Monday at an exhibition event in New York. She plans to play her first comeback tournament at the Miami Open, which begins in just over a fortnight’s time.

Former Wimbledon champion Bartoli announces surprise return to tennis
“It’s been going great so far,” Bartoli said. “I’ve been enjoying the process of getting back into shape and being on the court and practising. Of course I can’t wait to be back on the court playing my first match.”

Posted: Mar Fri 02, 2018 5:21 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4850

Bartoli – who is due to play a Tie Break Tens event in New York on Monday alongside the Williams sisters – has hardly enjoyed a peaceful retirement since she quit the tour four-and-a-half years ago. She has endured an abusive relationship with an (unnamed) boyfriend, as well as suffering such dramatic weight loss that she was banned from participating in the “Legends” event at Wimbledon in 2016 in case her heart failed.

Page 1 of 1      
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Gstaad
ATP Hamburg
ATP Atlanta
ATP Newport
ATP Umag

WTA Moscow
WTA Nanchang

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics