Tournaments this week

YOUNG Accuses Harrison Of Racism

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
BJM123
Junior
Junior
Re:YOUNG Accuses Harrison Of Racism

Post by BJM123 » Feb Tue 13, 2018 9:31 pm

It's not generalizing. I asked you a specific question and you can't answer it honestly because you already know that answer don't you? You say that tennis is no more racist than society. So...you're saying that society as a whole is racist? Isn't that "generalizing?"

Given Harrison's outbursts against a whole slew of people including his own father, I'm more inclined to believe that he has that type of ignorance in him. I do think that he'll do what ever it takes to win unethically (his own words). That would include racist remarks. Do you need tennis examples?

Of course racism is not just black and white. Any person who has experienced racism can attest to that fact. Don't be stupid.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Feb Tue 13, 2018 9:37 pm

I definitely believe Donald Young. Ryan Harrison has a history of getting into fights with other players and for misbehaving on court. Remember when he had a spat with Kokkinakis? Now Young. He was mouthing off and said some bad things about Hanfmann this year in Brisbane ("P.O.S.", "German Muthaf"). There are a series of YouTube videos you can watch about Ryan's antics on court. Andy Roddick even once said that Harrison "goes a little mental sometimes" in an article by Independent.

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Feb Tue 13, 2018 9:42 pm

I wonder why so many people are silent now? The fact is: Harrison is not a true champion due to his disposition and he won't be. Neither will Young but at least Young never was accused of racial impropriety.