Tournaments this week

YOUNG Accuses Harrison Of Racism

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Re:YOUNG Accuses Harrison Of Racism

Post by BJM123 » Feb Tue 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Now watch people try to make excuses for Ryan Harrison. Tennis long had a history of racist Behaviour. I'm glad that Donald Young has spoken up. That being said neither Ryan Harrison nor Donald Young will be top 10

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Feb Tue 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Having read the article, it's he said he said. Donald Young should have I feel specifically said what he #ed_op#br#ed_cl#claims he heard Ryan Harrison say. Hopefully the video and audio can back up or refute his claim. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#My fear here is that the audio and video may be inconclusive and all you are left with his accusation. In#ed_op#br#ed_cl#this climate in the US far too many are pleased with taking accusation without proof and try to vilify. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#This is why such accusations should not be so flippantly used as they have been. It diminishes,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#desensitizes, and ultimately renders such terms meaningless, giving room to real things not being#ed_op#br#ed_cl#taken seriously.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#In the US, if some men's anger translated into results, we'd have Slam contenders again.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pyotr on Feb Tue 13, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Feb Tue 13, 2018 7:42 pm

No point sticking your head in the sand.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759 ... tory-month

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Feb Tue 13, 2018 7:47 pm

I thought that this was convenient that the audio "gave" out. Truly. However, Donald should have stated what Harrison said and Harrison should've acted like a professional. You say that there is no proof but the tennis world will not do anything even if there is proof. The case involving Zina Garrison against Pam Shriver, Lleyton Hewitt against James Blake, Tennys Sangdren has taught us that. Hasn't it. Tennis is seen as a racist sport to a lot of people and given Ryan's natural disposition, I have no reason to believe that he did not make such notions.

Now, let's be real, neither one of these guys will ever contend in the finals of singles GS or Olympics, reach Top 10 or 5, or even big titles but it is good to see that there are angst in the ATP instead of this sickening lovefest all of the time.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Feb Tue 13, 2018 8:42 pm

@Grossefavourite#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I've said it before and I'll say it again, when you or anyone wants to generalize and make blanket#ed_op#br#ed_cl#declarations that is where you nullify and diminish what is real and true. It continues to amaze me#ed_op#br#ed_cl#that so many of the same people yelling these hot button buzz words at the drop of a dime and so#ed_op#br#ed_cl#matter of fact either don't realize or care to understand how it undercuts true progress. It's like#ed_op#br#ed_cl#the justice motto in the US is backwards. Instead of innocent until proven guilty, it's guilty until#ed_op#br#ed_cl#proven innocent. And even then it may not matter if they media chooses to ignore the raw facts#ed_op#br#ed_cl#free from conjecture and emotions.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Hopefully in this instance the truth comes out completely and is appropriately resolved.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#No generalizations, sticking to specifics of any individual indecent. We've seen all around#ed_op#br#ed_cl#when people use blanket generalizations and think it justifies themselves to paint all with#ed_op#br#ed_cl#one brush because it suits an agenda.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#To see how viciously Venus was attacked w/o all the facts being in this past season, and#ed_op#br#ed_cl#the breaking point being where they brought her to tears, oh well. Just sad to see people#ed_op#br#ed_cl#project or want to project based on personal bias and disregard what has actually happen#ed_op#br#ed_cl#when all the facts come out. Yet, by then the damage is done and no one seems to care#ed_op#br#ed_cl#if the facts did not coincide with the narrative pushed in the beginning.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#So, let's be real and stop pretending if this isn't very much about politics and using#ed_op#br#ed_cl#issues left and right to advance political agendas regardless of whom is doing it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pyotr on Feb Tue 13, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Feb Tue 13, 2018 8:48 pm

But is it "blanket" to note that tennis has LONG has racial issues with non-white players? I DARE you to answer that one honestly

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Feb Tue 13, 2018 8:55 pm

I'm not playing that game with you. You know better. You don't want anyone blanket
generalizing you because of your race or sexuality, yet, you don't seem to care at
all that it's all you do. You justify what you do by throwing back what some else
did or may have done, in order to move away from specific cases.

Look, I never called you a racist lightly. I saw again and again you maligning black women
dating white men and white men in generalizations. We may disagree on things but nothing
I've said has been said flippantly to trash or bash you.

You can address issues as they come up, without making blanket statements when you
don't know all the facts. You have history and upon that history seem to have no
problem making assumptions. Would you want someone to do that to you? I don't think so.

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Feb Tue 13, 2018 9:11 pm

I KNEW that you wouldn't want to address that issue. The only thing that you care about is whether or not people are picking on Maria when there are more important issues in tennis such as racial ambiguity. Having been "blanketed" due to sexuality and race, I can tell you, it can make you have serious issues with people.

You never called me "racist lightly?" What kind of crap statement is that? I stand by my summation that Venus' BF has man boobs. Any many of any race can have those and yes I stated that Serena's husband's body has ZERO muscle tone. Any man can have that. My sister is married to a white guy and I myself was married to one and has dated and continue to date ALL nationalities as well so your point is moot.

Now: do you think that tennis has a race problem or not?

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Feb Tue 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Again, you play games. Why? To generalize and call certain types inherently racist.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Tennis is no more racist than society in general. As society encompasses tennis.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#What you want to and continue to try and do is call those not like you racist based #ed_op#br#ed_cl#on your prejudices. Hence, you want to presume the guilt of Harrison despite proof. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#So, attack society as racist and group all those you disagree with racially/politically/socially.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#The same people attacking others as the problem are themselves so much of that problem.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Furthermore, racism extends beyond the black/white myopic lens of so many in the US.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Thanks you for helping me to see that conversing with you is foolishness on my part#ed_op#br#ed_cl#given your disingenuous nature when it comes to race.
Last edited by Pyotr on Feb Tue 13, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.