PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

WTA Doha Draw and Results

All Tennis, All the Time
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:21 am

Instead, defeat. Oh, well, no Caro beatdown then.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Mon 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Well, another set of wasted WC (Sharapova and Azarenka). These two simply do bot deserve them anymore.
Maria shows time after time that she is not good enough anymore for MD-appearances. Time to go back to ITF and qualies.
And Azarenka has gotten in a bad habit of asking WC’s and then not showing up. Sort your private life and stop taking away opportunities from other players.

Someone like Bencic is not here thanks to those two. And the irony is that Bencic actually got back to a decent rank by playing ITF...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Mon 12, 2018 3:55 pm

I'll never get this. Unless the player is dying, she should play that last game.
I saw Serena at the YEC in 2004 against the Sugar lady. Towards the end, she couldn't hit a serve. She was basically pushing the ball in and Pova was having fun treeing. But it was a few games left. She finished the match and let Pova have her way.

I don't care if it's my fav Serena, Halep or Coco ...., if you got one game left, finish the match the way you got to 1-5. It's just a few shots and you are done. Do not rob your opponent of her win. You are not going to die if you play one more game.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Mon 12, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Mon 12, 2018 5:08 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Well, don't do it for your opponent: if you just stand there and are not able to run to the ball for 2-3 games, then the opponent won't have a good feeling either, as it is then really saying in-their-face "take notice, I cannot run and therefore you win".

And for the audience it is really painful to watch, and how can they cheer for a win when the opponent was unable to play for several games? It feels even more disrespectful.

I rather have that my opponent withdraws if there is an issue, rather than wasting both my time and his time in continuing something that is not challenging, not competitive and not fun to do... Having to hit the ball 5-6 times to a spot where you both know that the other can't get there due to physical issues is not nice to do; it gives 0% satisfaction and even feels embarrassing to do.
Last edited by Graveller on Feb Mon 12, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Re:WTA Doha Draw and Results

Post by BJM123 » Feb Mon 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Let's face it, Maria has not been the same since they took her off of drugs. She's a lot slower and her shots are nowhere near as potent.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Mon 12, 2018 7:01 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;I don't think Kasatkina was painful to watch. I saw that second set early this morning before heading to work. Didn't see the first set. She looked pretty fine until she started feeling the defeat and called the trainer. Yes the neck may have been hurting a bit. But watching her play until that 3-0, you couldn't tell. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#My observation is she should have finished the match. She didn't look physically miserable at all.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Mon 12, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Feb Mon 12, 2018 7:31 pm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/523MGgDEiYs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Mon 12, 2018 8:11 pm

just watched the first minutes.. An those serves are bad. :( The usual acceleration is not there yet.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Fast forwards; trying to return Coco's serve. CAN'T get to most of them. And when she does, can't play the next ball.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Girl got a long way to go.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Tue 13, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Tue 13, 2018 7:21 am

first time watching this Bernarda Pera girl. I like her game. Another smart power player.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#She uses her lefty advantage effectively. Nice addition to the WTA. Will cause some upsets.. Top players, beware.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#This is a painful match-up for darling Konta. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Many of those new power players don't have much control. Pera is very confident in her power. Unleashes deadly shots when in position. Really nice game today. I don't know if she is consistent match to match, but I really like what I see today.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Tue 13, 2018 7:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Tue 13, 2018 8:06 am

And Konta tames the dangerous lefty.
Great match