PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

WTA Doha Draw and Results

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Sun 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Wozz on cruise control for beating Tatjana Malek or Carina? I don't think so.
Radwanska is dropping steadily in the ranking while Petra looks good this week. I think it will be a total demolition. Already feel sorry for Radwanska. Not even sure she can beat Mona B.

Halep has a match-up issue with either Makarova or Zhang Shuai. She will not like this draw.
Horrible R1 draw for Julia Gorgeous and Safarova. This is unfair to both.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Mon 12, 2018 2:52 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# Every time Petra is looking good, she starts to play messy for a few weeks :-)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Mon 12, 2018 4:06 am

Time-wise a perfect event for me... action starts at 10 am (my time).

Watching Pav's vs Cibulkova (since 2-3 first set): not a single BP, entertaining match and now starting the TB....
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Mon 12, 2018 4:20 am

Based in the last service games, I considered Pavs as the favorite in the TB, but Cibulkova won it 10-8.#ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Dominica should have won it earlier, leading 4-0, 5-2, 6-4 in the TB, but Pavs played well, and even got a SP at 8-7.... #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Pavs gave it away early in the TB with a DF and a brainless approach to the net. A shame as her net play is quite OK today...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Edit: Six matches on CC today, and the first set already took 1h.15 min....#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Feb Mon 12, 2018 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Mon 12, 2018 7:17 am

Since Jabeur made the top-100, she is quickly running back to ITF.
The girl can't play jack. What happened to all the magic of the drop shots?

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Mon 12, 2018 7:18 am

And Kasatkina, retired while down 5-7 1-4 15-40?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#You mean she would have retired had she been leading 4-1 40-15 in that second set? I don't think so.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Just stand up like a woman and take the beating. You are only 1 game away. Won't make much a difference. I hate when girls retire at something like 6-2 5-1. play that last game. Don't deny your opponent a straight victory.#ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div class="text_wrapper vbseo_buttons" id="lkbtn_1.1298478.80010684"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Mon 12, 2018 7:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Feb Mon 12, 2018 9:13 am

Ace2Ace wrote:And Kasatkina, retired while down 5-7 1-4 15-40?
You mean she would have retired had she been leading 4-1 40-15 in that second set? I don't think so.
Just stand up like a woman and take the beating. You are only 1 game away. Won't make much a difference. I hate when girls retire at something like 6-2 5-1. play that last game. Don't deny your opponent a straight victory.
Maybe she couldn't move and was carried off the court.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Feb Mon 12, 2018 9:57 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>sekasi</b>:</font>

Pretty flimsy excuse.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Feb Mon 12, 2018 10:01 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

Excuse me. 8)

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Mon 12, 2018 10:18 am

Kasatkina actually had neck issues....

as for denying the opponent the victory: I doubt that any of you would act differently if you have serious discomfort.

Imagine that you have a real sting of pain in your knee that really hurts every time that you land on your feet. It gets worse and worse with every shock that your knee gets.
You know that you will lose anyway. would you REALLY volunteer to get at least 5 more painful stings (that possible are getting worse all the time) just for the sake of making your opponent more happy?

Any normal person - me included - would put my health as priority #1. I would not volunteer to suffer more - just for the sake of suffering and the "good-feel" of the opponent. Bellis knew anyway that won against an injured opponent.

Now I am not saying that the neck injury was that bad as the knee-situation that I used as an example. I do not know if it was something that got worse during the match. None of us knows. Therefore I do not judge and none of you should. It may happen to your fave's too (and probable already happened).
All I know is that I would retire too if my physical discomfort gets too big. And the scoreline would be the last of my worries.