The Grass is always
Green at Wimbledon !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 Mallorca Draw and Resuls (5) Ace2Ace  Pre Wimbledon — to quit o...(0) Mytiwtiw  BECKER:I'm African (0) Grossefavou
 Birmingham Draw and Resul...(4) Graveller  Netherlands...maindraw... (64) rex  Maria still 2018 (34) Mytiwtiw
 2018 year of Maria Shara...(168) Mytiwtiw  Nottingham (20) Ace2Ace  SERENA 449th In The World (6) Grossefavou
 Aiava (3) Ace2Ace  Sad day for Birmingham, M...(5) Mytiwtiw  2018 ITF General talks (64) rex
 PATRICK Finds His Next SE...(2) Grossefavou  Overview of '18-WTA-PGame...(15) Jeff in Tex  BARTOLI Retires..Again! (0) Grossefavou
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » All Tennis: Mixed » SANDGREN, Far-Right Sympathiser Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Jan Wed 24, 2018 12:41 am       Re:SANDGREN, Far-Right Sympathiser
BJM123
Junior

Joined06 Oct 2013
Posts321

yes indeed. It's too late for him

Posted: Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:21 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4690

MELBOURNE, Australia -- An hour after falling to Hyeon Chung in the Australian Open quarterfinals on Wednesday, Tennys Sandgren addressed the media with a prepared statement about the scrutiny some of his social media activity has recently received.

Sandgren read his statement quietly off his phone.

"You seek to put people in these little boxes so that you can order the world in your already assumed preconceived ideas," his statement read. "You strip away any individuality for the sake of demonizing by way of the collective.

"With a handful of follows and some likes on Twitter, my fate has been sealed in your minds. To write an edgy story, to create sensationalist coverage, there are a few lengths you wouldn't go to mark me as the man you desperately want me to be."

Posted: Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:34 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21936

Dude, stop it.
If you like the White Supremacists because you find their "ideas interesting", then you are one of them.
It's your right to believe whatever you want. Just own up to it.
No need to accuse everyone else of putting you in a box.
https://deadspin.com/what-does-pizzagate-truther-tennys-sandgren-find-inter-1822301544

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jan Wed 24, 2018 1:46 pm;
Posted: Jan Wed 24, 2018 12:10 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4690

Serena Williams has called for American tennis player Tennys Sandgren to apologise for his controversial tweets.

The world number 97 deleted 18 months' worth of tweets after being questioned about his beliefs and denied he was a far-right sympathiser.

Following his Australian Open quarter-final on Wednesday, he accused the media of "demonising" and "propaganda".

"There is an entire group of people that deserves an apology," said Williams in a tweet to Sandgren.

The 23-time Grand Slam winner added: "I can't look at my daughter and tell her I sat back and was quiet. No! she will know how to stand up for herself and others - through my example."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/42808842

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jan Wed 24, 2018 12:12 pm;
Posted: Jan Wed 24, 2018 6:57 pm       Re:SANDGREN, Far-Right Sympathiser
BJM123
Junior

Joined06 Oct 2013
Posts321

If he's not one of them then he wouldn't need to erase his entire twitter history. He wouldn't need to prepare a statement. He's an alt-right individual. I don't know why he doesn't just own it...

Posted: Jan Wed 24, 2018 6:58 pm       Re:SANDGREN, Far-Right Sympathiser
BJM123
Junior

Joined06 Oct 2013
Posts321

That's EXACTLY what I said! But only I got called a racist for it

Posted: Jan Thu 25, 2018 1:11 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4690

American tennis player Tennys Sandgren has apologised for an offensive tweet he posted about a gay club in 2012.

The world number 97 lost in the Australian Open quarter-finals to South Korea's Chung Hyeon on Wednesday.

Sandgren, who then accused the media of "demonising" and "propaganda", deleted 18 months' worth of tweets after being questioned about his beliefs and denying he was a far-right sympathiser.

"To everyone I offended with that, please accept my apology," he said.

The 26-year-old was referencing a post on Twitter six years ago that said a visit to a gay club had "left his eyes bleeding".

"I used poor and harsh words to describe a bad experience, and is not indicative of how I feel about the people in that community," he added.

Serena Williams had earlier called for Sandgren to apologise, saying: "There is an entire group of people that deserves an apology."

Posted: Jan Thu 25, 2018 3:27 pm       Re:SANDGREN, Far-Right Sympathiser
93tennisroyalty
Senior

Joined24 Jun 2012
Posts810

I feel like the worst thing in tennis is to be publicly shamed by Serena Williams, especially if you're an American. There's no recovering from that. She has too much power and respect.

Posted: Jan Fri 26, 2018 9:58 am       Re:SANDGREN, Far-Right Sympathiser
BJM123
Junior

Joined06 Oct 2013
Posts321

The thing is: why would he need to apologize if he didn't do anything wrong? He used his bigoted Christian ways to justify his being the way that he is.

Page 3 of 3  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Halle
ATP London

WTA Mallorca
WTA Birmingham

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google