Junior
Re:SANDGREN, Far-Right Sympathiser

Post by BJM123 » Jan Tue 23, 2018 11:41 pm

yes indeed. It's too late for him

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 24, 2018 10:21 am

MELBOURNE, Australia -- An hour after falling to Hyeon Chung in the Australian Open quarterfinals on Wednesday, Tennys Sandgren addressed the media with a prepared statement about the scrutiny some of his social media activity has recently received.

Sandgren read his statement quietly off his phone.

"You seek to put people in these little boxes so that you can order the world in your already assumed preconceived ideas," his statement read. "You strip away any individuality for the sake of demonizing by way of the collective.

"With a handful of follows and some likes on Twitter, my fate has been sealed in your minds. To write an edgy story, to create sensationalist coverage, there are a few lengths you wouldn't go to mark me as the man you desperately want me to be."

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 24, 2018 10:34 am

Dude, stop it.
If you like the White Supremacists because you find their "ideas interesting", then you are one of them.
It's your right to believe whatever you want. Just own up to it.
No need to accuse everyone else of putting you in a box.
https://deadspin.com/what-does-pizzagat ... 1822301544
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jan Wed 24, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:10 am

Serena Williams has called for American tennis player Tennys Sandgren to apologise for his controversial tweets.

The world number 97 deleted 18 months' worth of tweets after being questioned about his beliefs and denied he was a far-right sympathiser.

Following his Australian Open quarter-final on Wednesday, he accused the media of "demonising" and "propaganda".

"There is an entire group of people that deserves an apology," said Williams in a tweet to Sandgren.

The 23-time Grand Slam winner added: "I can't look at my daughter and tell her I sat back and was quiet. No! she will know how to stand up for herself and others - through my example."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/42808842
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Jan Wed 24, 2018 5:57 pm

If he's not one of them then he wouldn't need to erase his entire twitter history. He wouldn't need to prepare a statement. He's an alt-right individual. I don't know why he doesn't just own it...

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Jan Wed 24, 2018 5:58 pm

That's EXACTLY what I said! But only I got called a racist for it

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Thu 25, 2018 12:11 pm

American tennis player Tennys Sandgren has apologised for an offensive tweet he posted about a gay club in 2012.

The world number 97 lost in the Australian Open quarter-finals to South Korea's Chung Hyeon on Wednesday.

Sandgren, who then accused the media of "demonising" and "propaganda", deleted 18 months' worth of tweets after being questioned about his beliefs and denying he was a far-right sympathiser.

"To everyone I offended with that, please accept my apology," he said.

The 26-year-old was referencing a post on Twitter six years ago that said a visit to a gay club had "left his eyes bleeding".

"I used poor and harsh words to describe a bad experience, and is not indicative of how I feel about the people in that community," he added.

Serena Williams had earlier called for Sandgren to apologise, saying: "There is an entire group of people that deserves an apology."

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Jan Thu 25, 2018 2:27 pm

I feel like the worst thing in tennis is to be publicly shamed by Serena Williams, especially if you're an American. There's no recovering from that. She has too much power and respect.

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Jan Fri 26, 2018 8:58 am

The thing is: why would he need to apologize if he didn't do anything wrong? He used his bigoted Christian ways to justify his being the way that he is.