Friday Day 5 AO OOP

ATP version of the WTA general tennis
Post Reply New Topic
rex
Commish
Commish
Friday Day 5 AO OOP

Post by rex » Jan Thu 18, 2018 10:00 am

Rod Laver Arena - 11:00 AM#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 WS309 KUMKHUM, Luksika (THA)  vs  MARTIC, Petra (CRO)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#2 WS312 KOSTYUK, Marta (UKR) vs SVITOLINA, Elina (UKR) [4]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#3 MS305 DIMITROV, Grigor (BUL) [3] vs RUBLEV, Andrey (RUS) [30]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#7:00 PM#ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#4 KYRGIOS, Nick (AUS) [17] vs TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) [15]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#5 WS316 BERTENS, Kiki (NED) [30] vs WOZNIACKI, Caroline (DEN) [2]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#                              Margaret Court Arena - 11:00 AM#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 WS311 ALLERTOVA, Denisa (CZE) vs LINETTE, Magda (POL)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#2 MS303 CARRENO BUSTA, Pablo (ESP) [10] vs MULLER, Gilles (LUX) [23]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#3 WS315 BONDARENKO, Kateryna (UKR) vs RYBARIKOVA, Magdalena (SVK) [19]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#7:00 PM#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#4 MS301 NADAL, Rafael (ESP) [1] vs DZUMHUR, Damir (BIH) [28]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#5 WS313 OSTAPENKO, Jelena (LAT) [7] vs KONTAVEIT, Anett (EST) [32]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#                           Hisense Arena - 11:00 AM#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 MD213 BRYAN, Bob (USA) / BRYAN, Mike (USA) [6] vs MIRNYI, Max (BLR) / OSWALD, Philipp (AUT)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#2 WS310 MERTENS, Elise (BEL) vs CORNET, Alizé (FRA)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#3 MS308 SEPPI, Andreas (ITA) vs KARLOVIC, Ivo (CRO)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#4 MS304 HARRISON, Ryan (USA) vs CILIC, Marin (CRO) [6]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#                        Show Court 2 - 11:00 AM#ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 MS307 EDMUND, Kyle (GBR) vs BASILASHVILI, Nikoloz (GEO)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#2 WD205 SAFAROVA, Lucie (CZE)/STRYCOVA, Barbora (CZE) [4] vs OLARU, Raluca (ROU)/SAVCHUK, Olga (UKR)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#3 MD216 ALBOT, Radu (MDA)/CHUNG, Hyeon (KOR) vs KONTINEN, Henri (FIN)/PEERS, John (AUS) [2]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#4 WS314 KANEPI, Kaia (EST) vs SUÁREZ NAVARRO, Carla (ESP)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#                                Show Court 3 - 11:00 AM#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#4 MS302 SCHWARTZMAN, Diego (ARG) [24] vs DOLGOPOLOV, Alexandr (UKR)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Didn't bother to print the rest of the schedule because it features doubles matches. Further, there is no way in hell that a doubles match prioritizes over singles on the name courts, especially in triple digit temperatures as it is for today. Kanepi's match with Suarez and the Dogs' match with Schwartzman should be on the name courts, played under the roof for conditions like this. If I were them I'd protest the court assignment in this light. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Tennis-wise, looking forward to Petra M's match with Kumkhum, a Petra win but it's okay if Kumkhum prevails. Like both players. However, it looks like a light slate for tennis viewing for me today, for the other matches of interest are on in prime time Melbourne, which means 2-5 a.m. here in the Midwest. So, I won't see:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Rafa's v Dzumhur#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Nick's match with Jo Willy#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Jello's match with Anette Kontaveit#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Bertens v Woz'. Kiki could win but she gifts too much. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#The Dog v Schwartzman #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kanepi v Carla. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Thus, it'll be hoops tonight after Petra's match. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jan Thu 18, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 18, 2018 12:34 pm

I picked Kiki over Woz in the game... expecting an upset indeed.
Svito vs Oatapenko SF is all that can save the bottom half for me.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Thu 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Glad for Kanepi .. last year around this time, she had her ITF tour road map ready.
That seems like centuries ago now. No more ITF.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Friday Day 5 AO OOP

Post by rex » Jan Thu 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Streaming has been crap, whether ESPN or the Russian streams.... :evil:

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Thu 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Yup, you remember the last bill in congress about internet neutrality?
We are soon going to pay extra if we want normal internet speed.
Some people thought it was ok for Cable companies to sell internet connections the way they sell cable.
It's only the beginning, folks.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Thu 18, 2018 8:50 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Agreed, Ace. Once repugnants retained Congress, coupled with this "clown" for a President, net neutrality was dead. It was just a matter of time. The effects of such is what we are beginning to see now.
Last edited by rex on Jan Fri 19, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Thu 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Go Merten Go.. Send Cornet packing.. I have nothing against her but "she must exit, she must no collect 200".

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Friday Day 5 AO OOP

Post by rex » Jan Thu 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Good to see Petra win, tho' I didn't like how she won, for she won on the errors from Kumkhum in the last 2 games of the 3rd set. Petra remains slice-happy with loopy soft returns, tho' I like her overall game. Dying for her to put on weight, stop the overuse of the slice, a shot that does nothing for her game and drive her forehands and backhands. Yet, I'm realizing that girls and some guys just don't change over time, don't mature and become proficient for the most part. They play the same as they did as teens and early 20's. The better player in this match lost. Kumkhum should have won this match. Yet, that's the way it goes sometimes.

I'm done for this day, since all the matches I want to see are in the wee hours of the morning here in the States.

Yet, I'm still peeved about the poor streams for the past 2/3 days....choppy, start/stopping and halting whether it's ESPN or the rogue streams.