The Grass is always
Green at Wimbledon !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 WHO Is Alexis Castorri? (4) Grossefavou  MOVAK, Kerber Linked (0) Grossefavou  SERENA 449th In The World (11) Ace2Ace
 USO Prize Money for 2018 (4) Graveller  Ladies' Final (10) Ace2Ace  Players' interviews, etc (13) Grossefavou
 SERENA Choked? (7) Ace2Ace  Hope Trump-Lover ISNER Lo...(118) djmm1962  Finally, Serena (4) Ace2Ace
 2018 ITF General talks (68) Ace2Ace  ROJAY Weeps, Inconsolable (5) Grossefavou  Wimbledon 2nd Week:Tuesda...(34) Grossefavou
 SERENA'S Match Delayed. W...(12) Ace2Ace  Wimbledon WTA Draw (47) Ace2Ace  Giorgi Post-Match? (9) Grossefavou
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » WTA Prediction Games » Action in wk2 of PGame
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Jan Sun 07, 2018 8:15 am       Action in wk2 of PGame
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12360
LocationAntwerp - Belgium

This week the amount of events is reduced from 6 to 4... as only 4 events are on the calender...

Well, it prepares us for the next weeks where only one event will take place (and predictions to be entered from R3 onwards)

ATP250 events for Wk2 are Auckland (2017-winner: Jeff in Texas) and Sydney (2017-winner: Pingpong0)
In WTA, we have our second Premier of the year (Sydney, 2017-winner was Mytiwtiw), but also another International event (Hobart, 2017-winner was Jeff in Texas).

So a big week for Jeff with two titles to defend; at least he already won an event today (WTA Auckland), so that takes away some of the pressure Smile

Several newcomers entered for a second week (happy to see that), and one of them - Leo - had a good start with 4 fmKO points thanks to Ostapenko crashing out in R1 vs Makarova.
Would be nice to see one of the newcomers snatch a victory this week; but if it does not happen yet, there is no need to panic: I remember that it took Sekasi like 2 years or so to win her first title in 2016.

Have fun: and tomorrow the ranking for the AO will be known, so we will be able to set up the AO PGame (for fmKO, uWP) AND the SKAN-contest!!!!

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"
Posted: Jan Sun 07, 2018 10:56 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22166

Doing just OK with the ATP tournaments. It's so hard. I hardly know the players' histories Smile

Posted: Jan Mon 08, 2018 6:07 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12360

@ Ace2Ace:

You'll get to know them after a while...
Youngsters to remember: Rublev (played a final last week) , Kachanov, Shapovalov (both won their R1 today), Tsitsipas (qualified, was supposed to play Rublev in R1-Auckland but the latter withdrew after his final last weekend) - at to a lesser extend (but expecting to see them getting better): Kokkinakis (Hopman Cup Final last weekend), Coric, Chung, Edmund,

Top20: Forget about Murray, Djokovic, Nadal, Wawrinka, Nishikori, Raonic... all have health issues. The other main names are now Federer, Thiem, A.Zverev, Dimitrov, Goffin, Pouille, Kyrgios

Posted: Jan Mon 08, 2018 6:08 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12360

Most R1-matches are played, so time to enter R16 predictions (action starts in about 12 hours time), and also have a look at the Drive2Final... I collected a lot of titles last week due to limited opposition Smile

Edit: I entered my four D2F predictions for this week in less than five minutes; not much time needed when you follow your gut-feeling without thinking too much.

Last edited by Graveller on Jan Mon 08, 2018 6:14 am;

Posted: Jan Fri 12, 2018 12:44 pm       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12360

Ac2Ace in the lead in both ATP events with only a final to be played Smile

And in Hobart, both Padawan and jdg0828 picked Mertens as uWP, so if she wins the final, then we look at new name(s) on the List of PGame Winners Smile

Posted: Jan Fri 12, 2018 12:54 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22166

@ Graveller:
 LOL ... that's a miracle.. I randomly picked those guys... Have no clue who they are..
I'll keep trying.

Posted: Jan Fri 12, 2018 3:12 pm       Re:Action in wk2 of PGame
93tennisroyalty
Senior

Joined24 Jun 2012
Posts811

I was screwed by accidentally missing a round in Hobart. Sigh... And I learned my lesson the hard way with De Minaur. I'm not sure why but that kid bothers me, but I'll continue to pick him.

Posted: Jan Fri 12, 2018 3:17 pm       Re:Action in wk2 of PGame
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12360

@ 93tennisroyalty:

De Minaur so far is for me the revelation of 2018.. and only 18y old..

Posted: Jan Fri 12, 2018 4:43 pm       Re:Action in wk2 of PGame
93tennisroyalty
Senior

Joined24 Jun 2012
Posts811

I don't know, something about his personality.

Grav, I wanted to ask you if you have any stats about the most picked scores in pdgame, such as what scores people generally enter? is it random? does it change with round? etc.

I think it'd be interesting to start tracking that.

Posted: Jan Fri 12, 2018 5:33 pm       Re:Action in wk2 of PGame
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12360

@ 93tennisroyalty:

Haha, a few years ago I actually listed EVERY. 2 set win in WTA and ATP of a whole season; even the events and rounds that were not played in the PGames.

If I recall correctly the most frequent score was 6-4 6-3.
Makes sense: a player has to serve to stay in the match at 5-4, gets broken, and then the other starts with the first game and wins 6-3 if he breaks once up to the eight game.

Other scores were 6-3 6-2 and 6-2 6-2
And 7-6 6-2 (or 6-1) also: the one losing the TB often goes down rapidly...

Posted: Jan Sat 13, 2018 7:16 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12360

Congrats to Jdg0828 and Padawan with their first win in a PGane!! And doing it with a correct uWP!
Not many were so successful so early in theirPGame career.

Also thumbs-up to Ace2Ace... he won both ATP events and now already won more ATP titles in 2018 than in the whole of 2917...

Posted: Jan Sat 13, 2018 11:53 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22166

Wow !!!! Congrat Ace !!!!!
Winning an ATP event beating all the ATP experts? Miracles do really exist. Smile Smile

Posted: Jan Sun 14, 2018 7:17 am       
Padawan
Surfer

Joined03 Jan 2018
Posts2

Ummm.. thanks! Smile
Half a win then. Very Happy
But I've surprised myself so far. Good luck to everyone in AO!

Posted: Jan Tue 16, 2018 6:58 am       
Padawan
Surfer

Joined03 Jan 2018
Posts2

I have a question about the AO predictions and I am not sure where to ask, so I'll try here.

What did I do wrong, that my "uwp_fct" for AO WTA is 0.5? My chosen champion didn't lose and moved on to R2, so I suppose it's something else? But I am not clear what. Can anyone please help me understand?
Thanks Smile

Posted: Jan Tue 16, 2018 8:02 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12360

@ Padawan:

Nothing to be worried about: it is because you already entered a score for the final, and at that point in time the program-code compares your uWP with the (currently existing) names  "TBA" for the final;

That is not the same, so for the moment you have 0.5.

If your uWP reaches the final, then the TBA will be replaced by the name, the code will detect a match at it will become 2....

Smile

Page 1 of 1      
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Newport
ATP Umag
ATP Bastad

WTA Bucharest
WTA Gstaad

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics