PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

WTA Brisbane Draw and Results

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 03, 2018 10:28 pm

2nd set.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Konta's wnners/Ue ratio not good 5/9... keeping Svitolina in the match.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jan Wed 03, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 03, 2018 10:39 pm

5-4:  konta dumps a 2nd set sitter in the net.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#that would have brought up MP#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jan Wed 03, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 03, 2018 10:51 pm

TB:
5 points played.
Konta: 2 winners, 3 UE :(

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Konta??? what the heck are you doing? lol lol
alright, I am off. good luck fooling around.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Thu 04, 2018 9:47 am

Konta should have closed this in 2 easy sets.. But I guess the injury in the 2nd set took its toll.
Too bad...
Was going to line her up for my SkanContest team. Now I am hesitating.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 05, 2018 7:49 am

Svitolina: proving that I was right all along... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#When everyone was saying years ago that she did not have it, I was NOT fooled by the lack of aggression and power... because a youngster with lot of tennis skills can add power over time, but a youngster with a lot of power but lacking variety, will NEVER manage to gain those skills later on.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Of course, the player in question needs to be prepared to put in the effort to work for that, but I guess her collaboration with Henin (who also faced the task of working on power and aggression) probably helped her.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#So today vs Pliskova she was - at times - even too aggressive. Her aggressive and powerful returns, however, allowed her to break Pliskova SIX times. Tons of winning returns.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#So by winning this match, Svitolina overtakes Venus in the rankings and is now #4. Important, as she will avoid a #9-12 in the R16, and a top4 player in the QF of the Australian Open. Pliskova remains #6, and based on today's match, it makes sense that Svitolina is ranked above her. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Tbh, Kanepi should have dealt with Pliskova in the QF.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#To all Svitolina-haters: time to forget about the player that she was 4-5 years ago. She moved on with her development as complete player, and I think we have not yet seen the end of it. With no Azarenka or Serena in the AO draw, I see Svitolina as one of the main title contenders (together with Halep and Wozniacki, and Bencic as outsider if she plays like she is doing currently in the Hopman Cup).
Last edited by Graveller on Jan Fri 05, 2018 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Fri 05, 2018 10:56 am

I didn't see the match but that's a great result for Svitolina.
Konta was taking her out but injury messed things up.
Congrat on your girl !!! I guess she is doing something right.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Fri 05, 2018 11:00 am

I'm either turned off or indifferent to these players. No excitement whatsoever.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 05, 2018 11:13 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Grossefavourite#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Well, hard to get excited about any player if you fail to watch them on a regular basis.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Did you watch Svitolina vs Pliskova? No need yo answer (because there is no way we can verify what you say ;-)). #ed_op#br#ed_cl#But if the anwser is "No", then your comment that they keep you indifferent is rather pointless.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I read on tennisforum that Svitolina holds a winning H2H against all the players that are performing well at the moment (Halep, Wozniacki, Kerber)... quite interesting as she is the youngest of them.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#She must have been something good over the last years :-)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Fri 05, 2018 11:46 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Actually, I'm a youtube junkie for all things, including tennis, so yes, I've watched most of them numerous times and zilch, nothing.