PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

WTA Shenzhen Draw and Results

All Tennis, All the Time
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 03, 2018 12:52 pm

Poor Sloanie. She might have had the worse post-GS performancse of all time.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Wed 03, 2018 1:48 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Thanks for the highlights, Ace. In addition to the HL's with Sloane, just caught HL's of her match with 'Pova at Tianjin (they didn't meet in Wuhan). Impressive...... Again, she's very determined and aggressive (no let up in her game like Ostapenko), presses the matter often by coming forward, nice hands around the net and can finish from either side from the baseline. She's 6'0 tall with a nice serve and moves well. In both of her matches with Sloane and Pova one can see the determination and aggression, the power from either side and net play. Looks like she'll make a statement this year. Got to see her, tho', in a match and look at her overall game and match stats to determine whether there's high ufe counts, winners and # of aces, so I'll have firm idea of what and where her game is. Nevertheless, as stated, she's on my radar and a nice rep for Belarus with Vika.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 04, 2018 4:28 am

Looking forward to tomorrow's SF between Siniakova and Sharapova...

Did not see too much of Siniakova's win vs the lesser Pliskova, but the way she served it out (4 winning serves in a row... sometimes 1st serve, sometimes 2nd) was clinical :-)

Maria better be prepared... I go with Siniakova in the PGame....
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Thu 04, 2018 9:06 am

I expected Sabalenka to show up as another Lucic-Baroni. But rather Camilia Giorgi is the one she impersonated. Nice job Halep ... Go get that title.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 05, 2018 4:09 am

And picking Siniakova was the wise thing to do... Maria OUT!!!

Great serving from Siniakova, except that game in the second set where she faced 5 or 6 Bps... lost the serve and lost the set because of it.

Had MPs on Maria's serve in the third at 5-2, but finally took it on MP#4 on own serve. Serving out was not straightforward as the nerves got hold of her.

Final is Halep vs Siniakova... a deserved winner whatever happens :-)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Fri 05, 2018 8:53 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Maria's fans must (or not) face facts. Pre-meldonium (and whatever else she was taking), she would never lose these matches. In fact, just from memory, I can only recall the names of perhaps 5 or so players who'd beaten Maria in her career, particularly in 3 sets.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jan Fri 05, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Fri 05, 2018 10:16 am

Graveller wrote:And picking Siniakova was the wise thing to do... Maria OUT!!!

Great serving from Siniakova, except that game in the second set where she faced 5 or 6 Bps... lost the serve and lost the set because of it.

Had MPs on Maria's serve in the third at 5-2, but finally took it on MP#4 on own serve. Serving out was not straightforward as the nerves got hold of her.

Final is Halep vs Siniakova... a deserved winner whatever happens :-)
When I saw the result this morning, I thought I got both Finalists. I was sure I selected Siniakova. lol lol lol...
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jan Fri 05, 2018 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.