Tournaments this week

YEC 2017 Draw and Results

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 25, 2017 2:43 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Haha, you really did not need to post a link to the video of the Venus vs Ostapenko match.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I feel no desire for watching that again :-) #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Hoping to see a good match between Halep and Woz today.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#(I have few/no expectations or Garcia/Svitolina....)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 25, 2017 6:54 am

Good start from Woz (2-0 up), but has she hit one winner yet, not sure...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#What I do remember are dozens of 'typical' safe returning shots, not giving anything away but waiting for the error.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Someone really has to explain to me how Woz can transform her game so rapidly from "aggressive play that is entertaining to watch" into "boring pushing" within a 48h period.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Is is all about the opponent? Does she only trust her aggressive gameplan against a player like Svitolina, but not vs someone like Halep? #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Ot is her agessive gameplan not good enough to beat a player like Halep?#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Woz 3-0 lead now, so it works at the moment... but I wish it wouldn't  work.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:00 am

I had time this morning and tuned in... but after 2-0 of pushing, I was ready to turn it off. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Waited for another game.. same pushing. I am out. No time for this kind of match. No ace. No service winner, no winner. just ground until someone misses. Sorry ladies.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#See you later.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:01 am

UE after UE... Wozniacki leading 4-0...

Too many missers when executing the "winning" shot... That wild overhead smash in the net with the court open, hitting winners into the open space that end into the net...

Simona does manage to put herself into a winning position after long rallies, butb fails right at the end...

(and on top of that two balls on the line for Simona that were called out - and had to be replayed after successful challenges - and losing those replayed points)

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:10 am

6-0 in set 1... and I wish that I could say that Woz played as well as she did when bageling Svitolina on monday. But she is not...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Last game: we went to deuce with Simona having an ace, a winner and a forced error. Wozn got her points by one unneccessary UE from Simona, and two net-balls from Simona when the latter went for a winner into the open court...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Followed by two more UE's...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Woz just has to play the ball deep and take all speed out of it. It works... but boring...
Last edited by Graveller on Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:14 am

First set: Wozniacki 2 winners, 2 UE's... confirms my observation of that set.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:25 am

6-0 3-1.. Again a break for Woz witohut having to hit a winner.

JUst letting Simona self-destruct is doing the job....

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:29 am

Yeah Graveller... I shut it off at 3-0 of pushing.. Nothing to see. lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl#But how does someone win a set with 2 winners and 2 UEs...???? lol... #ed_op#br#ed_cl#How did that game beat Garcia? Did she resort to the 'Before Beijing Garcia'? #ed_op#br#ed_cl#To see those players as top 4 is really a mess. They should be ranked in the 30s .. but then, who should be in the top-10 ?... Too many pushers making their way to the top. Not fun to watch.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Ostapenko should have been placed in this group... Would have spanked all of them.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:34 am

Cahill giving her the right analysis, but Halep seems to believe that Woz is a world beater in this match...

A world beater with 4-5 winners in 11 games... yeah... as if...

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:38 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Woz played Svitolina in R1... Garcia is her friday opponent...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Like I say: Woz is totally different compared to monday...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#