Tournaments this week

Moscow Draw and Results

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re:Moscow Draw and Results

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Sat 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Moscow Final#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oFXPlJokpMA" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"#ed_cl##ed_op#/iframe#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Sat 21, 2017 8:41 pm

This is the 2nd Moscow match I watched on youtube . The other one is the Sharapova vs Rybarikova encounter.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#This match was interesting in many ways. It reinforces what I have been saying about Kasatkina. The girl can play power tennis, but she has to make that her first choice, not a choice of desperation. She was completely dismantled in the first set. Looping forehand and backhand into play was no match for Julia Gorgeous. But that's where Kasatkina is comfortable.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#At 0-5, her coach told her to be aggressive.. because that was the only way she could get in the match. Well, from that point on, she did. But you can see it was more of a pressure choice. She held serve for the first time before Julia served out the set.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The second set was a different story. It was power vs power. Kasatkina was forced to play a game she is not used to. Julia doesn't hit more than 4 shots in any point. She is not the type to play 20 shots rallies. She picks her spot, and goes for winner every time. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#When Kasatkina started playing the same game, Julia was no longer dominating. The first 2 games of that 2nd set were very well contested. But Julia didn't have to change anything. She was playing the same game she played in the first set. Kasatkina was the one trying to get used to that style of play. If she could make that her first choice and get comfortable playing that style, she wouldn't be pushed around. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#That safe game of looping balls in play can get you quickly up in the ranking. But it's not a game that wins slams... (Yes there have been a few rare exceptions) ... But that soft game is more reliant on the opponent's errors. What if the opponent is spanking those soft shots for winners?#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kasatkina shouldn't be forced to play aggressive tennis. She should get used to playing it by embracing it. She's got the tools, just like Sloane who also leaves her big shots at the hotel until she is desperate.. And the sudden reach for an aggressive game usually doesn't work.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="http://www.tennisgamers.com/board/image ... p#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Sat 21, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Sat 21, 2017 8:48 pm

The other match I watched is this one.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fDkLzA6kHso" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"#ed_cl##ed_op#/iframe#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Sharapova's grunting is ridiculous. Towards the end of the match, she forgot to grunt and was reminding herself to do it. So on more than one occasions, she grunted way after hitting the balls, when her opponent was about to hit it back. And as she got tired, the grunt went from an all-out scream to a softer and late "oh" :) #ed_op#br#ed_cl#The contrast with Rybarikova's quiet mode was like day and night.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#This girl can't do it without her pills. 3, 4 matches and she is basically struggling.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Sun 22, 2017 5:17 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Sat 21, 2017 8:52 pm

I love those HD videos... specially on my new Dell all-in-one 24 inch PC... Wow those images are crispy.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#(just snapped that picture of the stats from the youtube video... and you can see the quality)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Sat 21, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Sat 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Julia Goegeous always constructs her point in 2, 3 shots. And when they are landing, get out of the way.
I still remember how she completely destroyed Radwanska in Australia a few years back... Or was it Errani?? That was a serious beat down!!!!! :)

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Sat 21, 2017 11:29 pm

Kasatkina must have one of the smallest mouth... I can't help thinking of the root canal I had. It was deep in the back and the dentist kept telling me to 'open wide'. I opened as much as I could for those 2-hours of drilling in my mouth... My jaw was hurting from the "open big, open big" the dentist kept saying. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#I don't have a small mouth like her. Watching the video, I kept thinking of my dentist. lol lol... How is he going to get deep in that girl's mouth and do any kind of drilling? It's just too small. lol lol lol. Can she bite a whopper? :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Julia's mouth is the 'normal' size IMHO....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Alright, enough of that. :) :) :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Julia got boobs. some of the nicest.. But no WTA player beats Brengle in that department. :) 
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Sat 21, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.