All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
PLISKOVA Accused Of Theft

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Thu 19, 2017 5:04 pm

FURIOUS STRYCOVA SLAMS PLISKOVA FOR SWIPING HER COACH

Former Grand Slam finalist Karolina Pliskova has already decided on another coach. She will work with Tomas Krupa next year, fellow Czech Barbora Strycova has said.

Strycova, who is currently coached by Krupa, is furious. Krupa has worked with Strycova for two seasons, and is the former coach of Tomas Berdych.

According to Strycova, Pliskova arranged the switch following the US Open. The move angered her Fed Cup teammate.

"Our relationship is zero. We do not go for coffee. We no longer have to use the word 'friend,'” Strycova was quoted by Idnes.cz as saying in Linz. "When she told me she was interested in my trainer, her manager, Mr. [Michal] Hrdlička, was already with him. It was done behind my back…And then I learned on the phone that it was over.”

On Facebook, Strycova gave more details.

“My coach texted me and called me that he cannot keep working with me because he accepted the offer. I was very sad,” Strycova wrote. “Especially because of the way I learned it. I did not understand the way I got into this from one hour to the next and I was sad that my coach did not sit down with me to talk about it."

Right after the US Open, Pliskova split with her coach, David Kotyza, who had previously worked with Caroline Wozniacki and was the longtime coach of Petra Kvitova.

Strycova said she would still play Fed Cup with Pliskova on the team.

During the WTA Finals in Singapore, Pliskova will work with former player Rennae Stubbs, who is a TV commentator.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Thu 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Why blame Pliskova? Your coach is the one you should go after. He is the one who didn't tell you he was leaving. You mean the coach would still be with you if Pliskova didn't offer him more money?
Oh well, your coach could have said NO to the offer. Or at least he should have asked you if you can match it, etc.... He is the one that didn't work with you.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re:PLISKOVA Accused Of Theft

Post by sekasi » Oct Fri 20, 2017 7:53 am

lol, Strycova is out of her mind. Coaching is a job, I am sure in addition to the money, he is going for who has more potential to win a slam. I do not think it is drama queen Strycova.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Wed 25, 2017 2:19 pm

Strycova next? Obviously, there's more to this split from Stan.

Magnus Norman has called time on his partnership with Stan Wawrinka, bringing to an end one of the most successful coaching relationships tennis has seen in recent years.

When Wawrinka first hired Swede Norman in April 2013, he was ranked 17th and his best performance at Grand Slam level consisted of two quarterfinals.

Norman had an immediate impact, helping Wawrinka reach his first semifinal at the US Open later that year and then, in January 2014, guiding him to his first slam title in Australia.

In the nearly four years since, Wawrinka has won two more slam titles at the French Open and US Open and reached the final again in Paris this year.

He has failed to reach the last eight at only four of the last 16 slams he has contested and has reached as high as No. 3 in the ATP rankings.

Norman -- who reached world No. 2 in his own playing career -- said the decision was a personal one to enable him to spend more time with his young family.

"After much thought I have decided to dedicate my future to my family," Norman, 41, said in a statement.

"With two young kids at home, now is the right time for me to be with them. I could not have had a better player to work with and this has been one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make.

"I'm really honoured to have worked with Stan, who is a great tennis player, but more importantly a fantastic person."

Wawrinka's talent was never in question but, prior to working with Norman, he was not considered someone with the consistency or belief to challenge for the major titles.

The 32-year-old said: "I would like to thank Magnus for the amazing four years we had together. I will always be grateful for the work and the time he spent on me to make me improve and become a three times Grand Slam champion.

"He was not only part of my team but also part of the family. For now I'm focusing on my rehabilitation and I will take time to decide with my team the necessary next steps."

Wawrinka and Norman's last tournament came back in June at Wimbledon, where the Swiss player struggled with a knee problem and suffered a first round defeat against Daniil Medvedev.

He later decided to undergo surgery, ruling him out until the start of next season.

Fitipanut
Surfer
Surfer

Post by Fitipanut » Dec Fri 22, 2017 12:55 am

To be good and dark race, it was caused by a part coach.