Tournaments this week

Tianjin Open: Draw and Results

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tianjin Open: Draw and Results

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Sat 07, 2017 3:51 pm

[1] Garcia vs [WC] Sharapova#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Linette vs Bondarenko#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Qualifer vs Ahn#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Qualifier vs [5] Putintseva#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#[3] Peng vs Qualifier#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[WC] X.Wang vs Kovinic#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Qualifier vs Sorribes Tormo#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Y.Wang vs [8] Riske#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#----------- Bottom Half ---------------#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#[6] Sakkari vs [WC] Liu#ed_op#br#ed_cl#McHale vs Hibino#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Qualifier vs Kozlova#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Haddad Maia vs [4] Vekic#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#[7] Tsurenko vs Duan#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Sabalenka vs Begu#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Hsieh vs Qualifier#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Zhu vs [2] Kvitova
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Sat 07, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Sat 07, 2017 3:54 pm

My first observation: Pova will most likely play a LL or a Qualifier. Organizers are banking on it. Why not just do it straight. Give her a Qualifier for the 1st round. She needs all the help she can get to finally win 4 matches in a single tournament since her return to the competition. It's OK. :) :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#As I have said countless times, I don't believe in total randomness of the draw.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Sometimes it's just too 'perfect'.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#If Garcia feels not too tired to play here, I think she'll win this match, with the kinds of returns she is playing right now. Organizers will not like that. LOL LOL LOL.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#But I expect her to withdraw. Too much tennis lately. Needs a break, in my opinion. Let's watch.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Sat 07, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:Tianjin Open: Draw and Results

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Sat 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Mauriac wrote:What a lucky draw for Martha. Garcia, if she plays, will be exhausted, and likely lose making Martha, in effect, the number 1 seed. :facepalm:
:)  You saw it, dude. Sharapova #1 seed might be the goal here. lol lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I am fan of the conspiracy theories. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Sat 07, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Oct Sun 08, 2017 9:52 am

Do you actually think Caroline will withdraw? Under normal circumstances, she should. But I'm sure she knows that the WTA finals are on the line and she is now in the 8th position which can be more or less secured with play in Tianjin. Konta isn't playing until Moscow but surely would have to win the title (Idk the math and everything). I guess a decision will be made based on if her team thinks she can still qualify despite withdrawing (this is supposed to be her last regular tour event)

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Oct Sun 08, 2017 5:53 pm

So I've heard Caroline is looking for a WC into Moscow so she can skip Tianjin. That makes sense. A match there with Konta would be so epic.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Oct Mon 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Garcia withdraws citing injury (however still traveled to Tianjin). Sharapova plays IC Begu (No. 9 seed) in R1 instead.

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Oct Tue 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Maria dominates this tour Tianjin like the real number 1. Another history in the making. Mark my words .

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Wed 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Just expecting her to win more than 3 matches in a single tournament.
She's failed so far, since her Meoldonium trip to Latvia. This is an opportunity to finally break free.

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Oct Fri 13, 2017 6:54 pm

6-3 6-1 Maria 6-3 6-3 Anastasia

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Oct Sun 15, 2017 9:18 am

Maria Sharapova Tianjin Champion of All Time .