New York New York
If you can't win here...

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 MARIA Under Fraud Investi...(2) Grossefavou  Serena's wedding in New O...(23) Ace2Ace  HYPOCRITICAL, Pennetta, O...(0) Grossefavou
 GS: 16 Seeds Only At GS (4) Ace2Ace  Last Game of 2017- ATP Ma...(12) Ace2Ace  SEXIST or Sexy? (2) Grossefavou
 NOVOTNA Dies (2) Grossefavou  VENUS Burglarized While A...(0) Grossefavou  WTA 2017 Official Season-...(0) Ace2Ace
 FED Cup Final: 2017 (8) Ace2Ace  RAFA Wins Doping Case (0) Grossefavou  WTA Elite Trophy (Zhuhai)...(13) Ace2Ace
 ITF general talks (185) rex  Serena and the Newborn......(23) Ace2Ace  Aiva: I am the only provi...(5) Ace2Ace
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » WTA General Tennis Discussions » All-American Semifinals Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Sep Wed 06, 2017 11:13 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3886

Pliskova too. lol. Clearly, they detest each other.

Across the net in Wednesday’s quarterfinal will be world No. 1 Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic. She and Vandeweghe traded some verbal volleys in the press on Monday.

When the Czech was asked to compare their games, she said, “I would not really put me and her together, like not even personally.” She then seemed to take a shot at Vandeweghe’s high-risk game, saying, “Even if she misses five meters out, she doesn’t care. It’s not my game style.”

When told of Pliskova’s comments, Vandweghe retorted through a smile, “I don’t know what five meters means. I think my tennis is a little more complex than hers.”

If she is to have the last laugh, the American will need to put in yet another shift of hard work. This time, in Arthur Ashe Stadium, it could lead to her greatest reward yet.

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Sep Wed 06, 2017 11:15 am;
Posted: Sep Wed 06, 2017 11:48 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3886

What's the source of the animosity and haterade between Pliskova and Coco?

Posted: Sep Wed 06, 2017 11:58 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3886

“She's a champion. Those are the words which describe everything” -Kvitova on @Venuseswilliams

Posted: Sep Wed 06, 2017 12:54 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3886

Wow, Coco backed up her boast. Now over to you, Maddie.

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Sep Wed 06, 2017 12:56 pm;
Posted: Sep Wed 06, 2017 2:57 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts20692

My girl Coco is having fun!!!.. Who was mocking me for liking Coco? Smile

Hopefully, I'll watch the Replay tonight.. looks like a tough match.

I kept saying if she could only learn how to play off the ground, she would be a top player. Coco never had a ground game. She was all about serve. The rest was baseball.
But her new coach seems to be making a difference.. Keep that ball in play until you are in good position to strike. Add that to your crippling serve and you are a top-10 player.

Doesn't matter if she loses to Keys or Kanepi .. She's done great here reaching the SF.
Keep working on those groundies, lady. That's the way.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Wed 06, 2017 2:58 pm;
Posted: Sep Wed 06, 2017 5:16 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3886

Kanepi might've forgotten what it's like to lose. She hasn't lost in like forever, and the one time she's played Keys, she won in straights.

Posted: Sep Wed 06, 2017 6:51 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts20692

and the first set goes to Keys.. 6-3

Posted: Sep Wed 06, 2017 7:20 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3886

Very little separates them at the moment. Keys must stay on her toes till the bitter end.

Page 3 of 3  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google