Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Sat 02, 2017 5:34 pm

should be best of 3

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Sat 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Monfils is out with injury. I think it's psychological. I'm ready to believe he sabotages himself whenever a chance to prove himself surfaces. He had a shot at this GS.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Sat 02, 2017 7:28 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Kasatkina has the same approach as Serena: using the right tactics against any player; against Ostapenko, the so-called "pushing" game works best, so that is what she does. Against others, she plays differently.

Ps: what others define as pushing, is decent baseline game in my book. Pushing is simply returning the ball and not making it hard for the opponent. But Daria's returns are rarely easy.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:USO....Day Six.....Saturday

Post by rex » Sep Sun 03, 2017 12:30 am

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Missed the last half of the 2nd set of the Naomi match with Kai and all of the 3rd. Understand that Naomi was up 4-2 in the 3rd and couldn't hold. Will learn.....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Good on Kai, tho'.....hope she goes far here and nice to have her back on the Tour after being away for 2 years.....#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Re Naomi, watched her doubles' match with Schi'. She was out of her league and in need of a coach that can teach her how to play up at the net, react and execute. She didn't have a clue and it was telling. Yet, she owned up to such on twitter by thanking the crowd (packed) that came out to watch the match, but apologized for the mess she made. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Wouldn't expect she and Schi' to hook up for dubs, but what I am hoping here in that match-up is that since Schi' is retiring after this year and she desires to coach, am hoping she wants to coach Naomi. Schi's all-court talent, instincts and techniques could greatly help Naomi develop and become proficient with a net game and approach, a needed expansion and addition to her already solid baseline game with serve. Once she adds those elements to her game, she'll be a perennial top-10er and a threat. Would like a coaching change in the off-season and see where this goes, for I do not like D. Taylor as her coach. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Sep Sun 03, 2017 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.