PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

USO...Day Two....Tuesday

All Tennis, All the Time
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Wed 30, 2017 8:18 am

Tiafoe didn't win but he's now on the map in my view, following his defeat of hot favorite Alex Zverev only last week.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 30, 2017 8:42 am

I watched Federer last night more than I have in the past ... 10 years. Never been a fan of his game.
This 19-yo has so much potential and should have won that match.
Federer survived slicing and dicing.. When TiaFoe was not gifting silly points, he was the best player in that match IMHO.
Fed's game has never been the kind I will turn on a match for. :) I know he got like 99 slams but ...
I prefer Wawrinka, Verdasco, Paire, Serena, Aiava, Cilic, Julia Gorgeous, players that hit the ball when you put it in front of them, either on the left or the right. It's a risky game but that's my preference.

The young players that have adopted that style have hard time moving up in the ranking because they gift many matches they should win.... making UEs at crucial time like Tiafoe did yesterday.
But I get more excited watching players hitting winners on both sides... If I were a tennis player, that's the game I would play. :)
the Federer, Nadal, Murray, Svitolina, Wozniacki, Radwanska, don't cut it for me. They put me to sleep. :)
I watched A.Zverev the other day.. And the groundies were safe and slow, just like Fed... He should have lost that much too... But his opponent was gifting him bunch of free points. Not impressed.
Give me Wawrinka, Serena and Benoit Paire any time. Even when they lose, they get me excited. !!!!
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Wed 30, 2017 8:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Wed 30, 2017 9:52 am

Can he now swing freely with all eyes on him? That remains to be seen.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 30, 2017 1:05 pm

Would have been a good question had he finish off Federer yesterday.. There are a few shots he just pushes loosely to gift easy UEs.. Can't do that.
Fed just spins the balls back and wait for the errors or until he has an open, easy put away.