Tournaments this week

ERRANI Banned For Doping

All Tennis, All the Time
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Tue 08, 2017 8:41 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Forensically, perhaps, though it is limited in fleshing out the entire truth. But on the basis of common sense and experience, not so much. If you lower your estrogen, which this medication does, then you increase the dominance of your testosterone which helps to build muscle. I just cant imagine a professional athlete negligently or inadvertently ingesting her mother's cancer medication. You? If you google the drug, you'll see that it's popular in bodybuilding circles.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Aug Tue 08, 2017 9:00 am, edited 6 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Tue 08, 2017 9:00 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Grossefavourite#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl#A few years ago, I wanted to take a headache tablet (which I keep in a kitchen cabinet), placed it next to the sink, took a glass to fill with tap water to swallow the pill, but somehow in that process, the tablet was pushed into the sink where a bowl with washed salad was standing....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I saw it, so picked it out...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#You take pills with water, water from the tap is in the kitchen...&nbsp; I understand that people cannot imagine something happening like that, until it happens to yourself...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#ps: look at the length of her hair: no traces in her hair, so we KNOW she took less than 1 pill over at least a whole year.&nbsp; #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Tue 08, 2017 9:14 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

But when you're an experienced, successful professional athlete subjected to drug testing at anytime anywhere in the world, you just don't make these mistakes. Plus, I seriously doubt her mom's cancer medication is strewn about the house. We're not talking about medication for upset stomach, we're talking about a serious illness that's often fatal.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Tue 08, 2017 12:27 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

If her mother has to take the pills daily, they likely will be in the kitchen area. And I presume that Errani is not cooking; it will be her mother... I totally can see a 60y old italian woman mess up dinner like that by spiking it accidently with a tablet &#128514;&#128514;.

It was either that, or Sara licking on a tablet (because mum said it tasted quite nicely). Hair sample proved that her intake over a whole year was not even close to a single tablet...
Last edited by Graveller on Aug Tue 08, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Fri 11, 2017 11:20 am

Unbelievable!!!

A top Italian tennis player caught in a drugs test has narrowly escaped a two-year ban after claiming she had ingested the substance by accident when eating her mother's pasta dinner.

Sara Errani, once ranked No 5 in the world, tested positive for breast cancer drug letrozole during an out-of-competition test in February while staying with her parents in Bologna.

The 30-year-old claimed that her mother kept her breast cancer medication in the kitchen and that the drug must have somehow contaminated the tortellini.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Re:ERRANI Banned For Doping

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Aug Fri 11, 2017 5:22 pm

1. I never realized that Errani and Vinci had completed the career slam. Lol
2. I definitely think Maria was made a scapegoat. She was WADA's big catch, so they could maintain face and send a message. I expect most sentences and backlash to be less severe than Maria's.
Last edited by 93tennisroyalty on Aug Fri 11, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Fri 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Maria secretly and knowingly took a performance enhancing drug, banned in the USA where she lives, for 10 years. Hardly a scapegoat. She got actually bc she deserved a lifetime ban. She just played the blonde damsel in distress to her advantage.