The Grass Is Greener
in the Kingdom!!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 kvitova? (16) djmm1962  Ladies Qualies USO.... (6) Ace2Ace  Vika in Custody Battle wi...(21) Ace2Ace
 New Haven.... (8) djmm1962  LIVE Chat for #1in Cincin...(5) Ace2Ace  DJOKO: BONE Bruise, Out T...(25) Grossefavou
 2017 USO Skan Contest (2) Ace2Ace  Cincy Qualies Main Draw (72) Ace2Ace  Sharapova will play 2017 ...(106) Grossefavou
 SEXIEST Tennis Player In ...(4) djmm1962  U.S. Tennis Star Retires (2) djmm1962  SERENA: It's Outrageous (0) Grossefavou
 Azarenka will miss the US...(0) Ace2Ace  The GRIM Weeper Makes Com...(1) djmm1962  WOZ: New No. 1 (2) Grossefavou
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » WTA General Tennis Discussions » VENUS, Oh, No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Jul Sat 01, 2017 9:56 am       Re:VENUS, Oh, No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skilletsauce
Regular

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts96

My only concern at this point is if Venus can clear her head and focus on tennis and Wimbledon. Vee is more cerebral and emotional so I hope this doesn't weigh on her too much and affect her energy. She can be a real threat here so I hope she can clear her mind for 2 weeks and block this out.

Posted: Jul Sat 01, 2017 5:23 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3488

"I am devasted (sic) and heartbroken by this accident," wrote Williams, the world's former top-ranked female tennis player. "My heartfelt condolences go out to the family and friends of Jerome Barson and I continue to keep them in my thoughts and prayers."

Posted: Jul Sat 01, 2017 7:14 pm       
Pyotr
Regular

Joined28 Aug 2012
Posts85

Not sure if Venus reads her FB comments, but nice to see messages of
love and support for her and that family.

Posted: Jul Mon 03, 2017 12:56 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3488

WIMBLEDON, England — Venus Williams had withstood a thorny match on the No. 1 Court on the opening day of Wimbledon and then veered through several questions in the quiet interview room, avoiding the looming subject. Then she took it on squarely.

“There are no words to describe, like, how devastating and, yeah,” she said Monday afternoon, her sentences trailing off. “Yeah, I am completely speechless. It’s just — yeah, I mean, I’m just . . .” She began to cry, and the moderator asked reporters for patience while a five-time Wimbledon champion sat before a silent room.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/07/03/talking-about-car-accident-leaves-venus-williams-in-tears-after-wimbledon-win/?utm_term=.037cecd212d1

Posted: Jul Mon 03, 2017 4:08 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts20088

Posted: Jul Mon 03, 2017 4:27 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3488

@ Ace2Ace:

She has to put her foot down or they'll ask her these questions after every round.

Posted: Jul Mon 03, 2017 6:08 pm       
Pyotr
Regular

Joined28 Aug 2012
Posts85

She has her mother, her sister, and David. They'll help her hold herself together.
The media is being the media, disgusting as always. They don't care about her or
that anyone died. They just want salacious stories and making her cry is their sick
delight!

One thing I've observed about Venus over the years from press, she's not a confrontational
type, but if she feels backed into a corner she will come out swinging. If they keep their
nonsense up as the tournament progresses she'll snap at them and put them in their
place!

Last edited by Pyotr on Jul Mon 03, 2017 6:09 pm;
Posted: Jul Mon 03, 2017 7:48 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts20088

Posted: Jul Fri 28, 2017 8:45 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3488

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eb7_1501217278

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Sat 29, 2017 1:50 pm;
Posted: Jul Sat 29, 2017 11:02 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3488

Posted: Aug Wed 02, 2017 1:24 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts3488

ATTORNEYS SEEK VENUS WILLIAMS' CELLPHONE IN FATAL CRASH

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Attorneys for the family of a 78-year-old Florida man who died after a vehicle crash with tennis star Venus Williams are asking to search her cellphone.

The Palm Beach Post reports attorneys at Steinger, Iscoe and Green filed a motion Friday requesting to have a forensic expert examine Williams' phone to determine what she may have been doing when the June 9 crash happened. Jerome Barson — a passenger in the car his wife was driving — died two weeks after the crash.

The motion states that "evidence gathered thus far indicated (Williams) may have been distracted and or unnecessarily delayed" in her reaction to a traffic signal or surrounding traffic. Earlier last month, Williams and her attorney objected to a motion asking to see her cellphone records.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2017/08/attorneys-seek-venus-williams-cellphone-in-fatal-crash/68206/

Page 4 of 4  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Winston-Salem

WTA New Haven

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google